At home, fresh from the dealer:
luna-side.jpg

interior1.jpg

Mods

Exterior:
- Clear corners, added and since removed
- 'STRYNGHT' custom number plate.
- Front Euro VW Emblem
- Rear Euro VW Emblem (swivel trunk latch style)
- Euro Emblem Center Caps for rims
- S2000 Antenna, with yellow star antenna "ball"
- Yellow painted calipers, front and rear
- Kamei Eyelids, painted to match, removed
- Custom paint in progress

Interior:
- Monster Mats
- Dark Purple painted Radio Console
- Black painted upper dash side panels (to refinish scratched rubber)
- Turbo S Steering Wheel
- Bud Vase decorations w/LEDs wired to stereo
- Custom headliner, arm rest cover, shift boot: Purple suedecloth with yellow stars
- TT Vents, outer pair
- TT Shift Knob

Performance\Engine:
- Neuspeed P-Flo Intake
- BFI Stage 1 Dogbone Mount
- Snowbox Delete

Suspension:
- BFI Lower Front Tie-Bar
- Eibach Front Sway bar
- Eibach Rear Sway Bar
- Koni Sport Shocks\Struts
- Koni Sport Springs
- TT/R32 Control Arm Bushings

Stereo:
- Sony CDX-GT920U Head Unit
- Sony Xplod X-GTX1640 GTX 6-1/2" speakers for front and rear
- Sony XM-D46x 4 Channel amplifier
- Rockford Fosgate RFK4D 4-guage dual amplifier wiring kit
- Rockford Fosgate RFWP16-30 30' spool for 16-Guage Speaker Wire
- Sony XM-D22x 2 Channel Amplifier
- JL Audio Stealthbox w/10" Sub

OEM Parts Replaced Since Purchase:
- Front Tie Rod Ends (Me)
- Headlight Bulbs, Replaced with Silverstars when 1 died (Me)
- Headlight Catches, both sides (Me)
- MAF (me)
- Coolant Temp Sensor (Me)
- Coolant Flange (Me)
- Dogbone Mount (Me)
- Light on Driver Side Door (me)
- Oil Dipstick Extension (at Carolina VW [for free] when getting Inspection)
- Catalytic Converter (at Carolina VW under extended Cat warranty)
- Timing Belt & Tensioner (Me & Brother)
- Water Pump (Me & Brother)
- Passenger side engine mount (Me & Brother)
- Thermostat & Flange (Me & Brother)
- Spark Plugs & Wires (Me & Brother)
- Serpentine Accessory Belt (Me & Brother)
- Transmission (Keffer VW, extended warranty)
- Clutch, Pressure Plate, Throw-out Bearing (Keffer VW, when transmission work done)
- Front Driver side wheel bearing (Me & Dad)
- Rear Rotors (Me)
- Alternator & Battery (Me & Dad)

To commemorate our first year together, I figured I'd actually get around to posting Stella's photos on the .org instead of just on my own website. :D

·
Super Moderator
14,715 Posts
:party: Finally!! :lol:

·
ElectricHarleyHouseOfLove
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Early Mods

New Euro Emblem center caps, since 3 of 4 were missing the emblems when i got her. I saved the original ones and i might try something fun with them at a later time.
centercap.jpg

Front Euro Emblem and Eyelids
eyelid-front.jpg

New Antenna, Antenna Star, Rear Euro Emblem, and Plate
plate1.jpg

This is what she has in the front plate spot, to go with the rear :)
starry plate.jpg

First run at interior paint. I stole the paint color from the Aubegine Lotus Elise. I love the way the Batik reflects purple, so I decided to run with it :) My lighted Bud Vase ornament is there too, but there'll be more on that later. (pardon the mess. I'd just finished wiring up the bud vase bits and had wire and tools all over)
IMG_7610.JPG purple_elise_2.jpg
(my picture was at night, theirs was in bright sun, so they look a bit differnt)

Closer view. Don't like this purple on the steering wheel spokes though... without the flash, it looks almost black like the rest of the wheel. I liked how my stereo had a purple color display to match (it had 7 colors to choose from), but sadly, that one was stolen.
IMG_7611.JPG

This is the first stage of an experiment i tried when my purple paint started to bubble in the sun. Going for a starry galaxy sort of thing.. ended up doing some more to it, then getting rid of it later and repainting the whole console with better quality purple paint, i think. (and i hope! it's held up good so far but it isn't summer anymore) First purple version shown here is from Tower Paint, single stage. The blue is Sherwin Williams Automotive Paint (requires clear later, which is why it looks flatter than the purple. the purple i ended up getting later is the same kind)
universe1.jpg

·
aka the Volkswagen Fairy
210 Posts
She looks great Dudette! You make me feel like such a slacker since all I've done for Bella is wash, claybar, wax, install Yoda 2.0 and Skull Bag on the inside. I am really impressed with all you've done. Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Reenie

:banana::thewave::bowdown::bowdown:

·
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
This was at the first GTG for our local VW club that I went to. Ended up driving to South Carolina and taking some pictures down there. This one was shot on I-485 by Garrett Newsom while we were on the road.
cruisin.jpg

These two I took when we got to our destination. Discovered later it was part of Jim and Tammy Fae Bakker's PTL Ministries site and there was a bunch of water slides and all kinds of things behind the castle.
lineup.jpg

bugs.jpg

Every Princess needs her own castle, right?!
IMG_7672.jpg

Panorama shots of all the cars:
Panorama1-2x10.jpg
Click for large image

Panorama2-adj-8x14.jpg
Click for large image

Panorama3-adj-8x14.jpg
Click for large image

·
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
:party: Finally!! :lol:
:p Good things come to those who wait, don'tcha know! :tongue:

She looks great Dudette! You make me feel like such a slacker since all I've done for Bella is wash, claybar, wax, install Yoda 2.0 and Skull Bag on the inside. I am really impressed with all you've done. Keep up the good work and keep us posted.
I don't know what Yoda 2.0 or the Skull Bag is, but thanks! Though... hehehe.. you ain't seen nothin' yet. :wink: The big project I've been working on is still yet to come!

ETA: Oooh. I see yoda and the skull bag now.. nifty! :)

·
Catch me riding s00ty!
3,981 Posts
B E A utiful!!:p

Whenever I get my beetle, that is THE color i want!:cool:

I noticed that whenever I look at beetles (or vw's in general) on autotrader.com, most of them are missing the center caps!! Where would I go (other than the stealership) to get those caps? Better yet, where best to buy mods?:confused:

·
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mods look good - can't wait to see the next installment:)
Thanks!!

B E A utiful!!:p

Whenever I get my beetle, that is THE color i want!:cool:

I noticed that whenever I look at beetles (or vw's in general) on autotrader.com, most of them are missing the center caps!! Where would I go (other than the stealership) to get those caps? Better yet, where best to buy mods?:confused:
Oh, I love the color too. none of these pictures even show off the nifty blurple effect!

This one kind of does, though it's not even that great. when i was getting paint to match the eyelids, it was tough getting the match right, until i found someplace that made the blue with a red sidetone, which gives it the purple look in the light. the eyelid color matches in the other shot above, but when the light hits, it's totally different. (photos only a few seconds apart)
eyelid-back.jpg

I got my center caps on ebay (they have the black\silver kind as well).. good source for a lot of things, actually. i got good deals on my other emblems there, too.

·
Catch me riding s00ty!
3,981 Posts
Judging by what I've been reading, I guess I should start up an ebay account now... I saw some vw replacement keys fo $45... I told my neightbor but she felt better paying the $250 @ the stealership for her beetle's key... Personally, I would have taken my a chance with that...

Upside is she now has the switchblade key instead of the older key.

Any chance you used the Kvw100 module? I'm thinking of buying one b4 I get my vdub. But that could be next weekend... or in the next 6months :crying:...

I think you did a great job matching up the eyelids. If i were to get eyelids for my hypothetical beetle, I'd slant them more to get an angry face.

Sadly I have little sayso in the used car market about color... As long as it has heated seats, sunroof, and a good maintence record, I'll take any color I can grab! Except white... dirty tooo quickly.

·
Catch me riding s00ty!
3,981 Posts
:blahblah:Eek, bad wording all over and just jumping all over myself..:leapfrog:.. either I'm too excited or too tired... I hope you understood what I was trying to say... MaAn weekends are just too short!

Good luck with any upcoming mods and pictures!
:bestwish:

·
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No Mods, just fun!

Random picture of my headlight, cuz it came out looking neat.
closeup.jpg

Posted this one somewhere before, but it should be included here, too. Stella's such a hard worker! She can haul lumber with the best of them. (Those are 1x12x12' boards. she's carried 2x12x12'-ers too)
haulin.jpg

One day, i decided to go on a road trip cuz I was bored. Ended up stopping by at Black Forest Industries and having some happy bits (lower front tie bar and stage 1 dogbone) put on the car. On the way home we missed a turn or something and decided to take the scenic route home, wandering all over central North Carolina. Magically, we drove by Rockingham Speedway. Stella looked on in envy. (I think she's got dreams bigger than her engine... :lol: )
rock1.jpg
rock2.jpg rock-xtra.jpg

Buuuut, apparently no one told her that, and she decided she wanted to go fast anyways. Of course, she got me into trouble in the meantime. Bad Stella, Bad! (Driving a bit above highway speed, but didn't realized that it'd dropped at some point. bah!)
popo1.jpg popo2.jpg

·
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Judging by what I've been reading, I guess I should start up an ebay account now... I saw some vw replacement keys fo $45... I told my neightbor but she felt better paying the $250 @ the stealership for her beetle's key... Personally, I would have taken my a chance with that... Upside is she now has the switchblade key instead of the older key.

Any chance you used the Kvw100 module? I'm thinking of buying one b4 I get my vdub. But that could be next weekend... or in the next 6months...
Nope. haven't tried the Kvw100. I don't actually have a working remote, either. :lol: Old owner swapped the button part of the remote and put the wrong frequency (or whatever) remote on it. I look at ebay every now and then, but to program it, i'd have to have 2 working key parts, and i only have 1 right now.

I think you did a great job matching up the eyelids. If i were to get eyelids for my hypothetical beetle, I'd slant them more to get an angry face.
It was "okay" as it was, but the difference bugged me. hehe. I ended up re-painting them with the right color, but they've never been actually attached to the car yet. (will see why later). This style doesn't give quite as much flexibility for the angry eyes thing because they're rigid plastic.. besides. mine's a happy car!

·
Catch me riding s00ty!
3,981 Posts
And they say they call it "The Impractical Beetle 2.Slow" U just killed two birds with one stone!! Sorry about the ticket though... I hate small speed limit changes...

·
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And they say they call it "The Impractical Beetle 2.Slow" U just killed two birds with one stone!! Sorry about the ticket though... I hate small speed limit changes...
that's pretty much what i say.. I don't need no stinkin turbo... i get into enough trouble with my 2.0! (want, sure.. need.. prolly not! ;) )

That would be a good choice! :goodjob: hehehe

I like your mods Tabitha, especially since you want Stella to look like my Bugje (with the Euro Emblems that is) :D
Bugje is a pretty bug! Now I just wish I could get the blue airbag emblem.. *dreamy sigh* Stella and Bugje could be cousins! :)

·
Catch me riding s00ty!
3,981 Posts
That could be yes! Bugje being the younger bratty cousin :D

I do love the way you describe the colour Batik Blue as blurple! :ha:

LOL!! Is it really that purplish? Still strikes me as more of a Midnight type of Blue...

·
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOL!! Is it really that purplish? Still strikes me as more of a Midnight type of Blue...
A lot of the time, it is.. In direct sunlight it gets the purplish tones, and it's really hard to capture in a photograph. Just one of those things you have to experience in person, i guess?

·
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And this is what i walked out to find the morning after Halloween this year. :cry: (also a hint for the big project.. :wink:)

Poor stereo.. :( Was a birthday present from my parents a few years ago and very well loved, but i've come to terms with my loss and moved on to newer technology. :)
IMG_1702.jpg

also visible is the color i been trying out for the steering wheel spokes. haven't made up my mind yet enough to wrestle the 3rd one back off yet. color is actually closer to reality in the picture above. looks more silver than it really is here.
IMG_1710.jpg

broken window. :(
IMG_1700.jpg

you broke out the window, did you have to mangle the trim, too?! still need to get a replacement for that. meh.
IMG_1701.jpg

1 - 20 of 245 Posts