NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled across it just now and thought it was cool. It really articulates how I feel not just about my car, but VW's (and their owners) in general.

The power of German Engineering

I've driven a lot of cars. But for whatever reason, these cars just make you feel good driving them. It's not just Point A to Point B, you love and look forward to every little bit in between. It's a driving experience I don't get with other cars. Yeah, some other cars I enjoy driving, but it just lacks something. I'm sure a lot of people think I'm nuts (and I'm not denying that!), but surely I'm not the only one. :crazy:

And the people.. I swear VW owners are the best people on earth. hands down. end of story. It truly is a community. I can't believe how many friends I've made simply because of a shared passion for a car. You guys all rock, I hope I get to meet more of you some day.

Anyway, just saw that little clip and thought I would share thinking someone on here might like it as much as I do.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
I totally understand what you are saying. Ever since I have been driving Volkswagens, I am not shy. I wave to other VWs, will park next to them. and I'm not afraid to talk to other VW drivers (gas stations, parking lots, etc).

I often relate the sentiment "I've never had THIS much fun in any of my Fords!" I don't think I felt that any of my Fords were "so much fun, they should be illegal!" I never would have met so many great people, who share, and understand, my passion.

I don't know how they do it, but I love it. VW Rocks. :bowdown:

·
Momentai!!!
1,092 Posts
Spot on! I've always had Volkswagens and then I had one dodge. Like it said, I enjoyed driving my dodge, and it was a great car but it just wasn't a VW. And now I'm back in a VW again! It started as a dream of finally having a beetle, then reality, and now a madness :p lol.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spot on! I've always had Volkswagens and then I had one dodge. Like it said, I enjoyed driving my dodge, and it was a great car but it just wasn't a VW. And now I'm back in a VW again! It started as a dream of finally having a beetle, then reality, and now a madness :p lol.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Yes! There are a few cars I do like to drive, like my boyfriend's jeep, mainly because I feel big and like I can run over anything, but I always miss my beetle. The only time I would've been willing to hand over my car keys was yesterday. I drove my friend's GTI all day, he's lucky he got it back. Ohhh how I wish my car was a six speed! I fell in love. Driving a different VW gave me the same feeling. But I probably would've missed the beetle eventually, first love kind of thing.

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
It's funny because I see this not only with Volkswagen, but with Subaru and Volvo as well.

There is something about these vehicles -- Volkswagens being fun and frugal, the car that got you through college and your first kid, The subaru that championed your first northern winter or won your first autocross, the Volvo wagon that started your catering company and saved your 16-year old from a drunk driver -- that evokes a sense of love.

These cars were engineered not to move you places, but to move you emotionally. It's why I can't fall in love with the new model; it's designed for another generation. I am in love, and will always be in love, with the model that I have and will hold until death do us part (please, not again... I can't take another wreck).

:)

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
I'm sorry, that is a beautiful car, but that is just gross! :screwy:

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sorry, that is a beautiful car, but that is just gross! :screwy:
OMG hahaha.. my MOM saw that on TV and recorded it and made me watch it when I came over to visit!! That poor car!!

·
Old & New Beetles
2,244 Posts
Check out thus guy...I think he takes VW-loving to the next level:
Video -- Car Lover -- National Geographic
Well, at least he is harmless to other people and looks happy.
He can do what he likes.

I like Beetles very much, but I´ll stick with women when we talk about love relationship. ;)

PS. I have to admit that I love also to bath my babies :p
That´s all; I don´t want to kiss a car... :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts