NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
It's a shot glass!
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased a 1998 2.0 NB about 2½ months ago and I have noticed that when I hit a bump or a pothole in the road it tends to pull to either the right or left from the rear. The aligment seems fine under normal conditions, I could take my hands off the steering wheel and it goes straight and doesn't pull to neither side. It only does it when I hit a bump or a pothole. I was just wondering if this is a nomrmal thing with NB's.

·
Shadow's human
110 Posts
noR said:
That's a normal thing with every car.
I agree. And it's more noticable the smaller the car. In an Excursion or Suburban you wouldn't notice. But in a small, light car like a NB it's there. That's part of the experience.

SB

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Crazy_MoFo said:
I purchased a 1998 2.0 NB about 2½ months ago and I have noticed that when I hit a bump or a pothole in the road it tends to pull to either the right or left from the rear. The aligment seems fine under normal conditions, I could take my hands off the steering wheel and it goes straight and doesn't pull to neither side. It only does it when I hit a bump or a pothole. I was just wondering if this is a nomrmal thing with NB's.
It sounds like the tire pressure is way to high in the rear and the tires and the suspension cannot absorb enough of the bumps to allow car to keep in a straight line. Do this!!!Check the tire pressure in all tires. The correct tire pressures are listed under the gas cap lid. Always run less in the rear for normal driving. Only when car is fully loaded and is going to be driven at free way speeds should the rears have higher pressures than the front. I run 28 to 30 in the front for 225-50/16 and 26 to 27 in the rear...Try it and see if it does not help. JK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts