NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone has started to work on one of the kits from Smyth Performance for the VW Beetle Ute kit yet ? This is a picture I took off the internet of a completed one , just so you could see what I was talking about . From everything I have read about the company, the are reported to sell a quality product. It sure would be a head turner !! Comments ???

Green Beetle.jpg

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
SORRY about that dumb typo in the heading !! Meant to ask about a VW Beetle Ute ..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I'll do the Smyth Peformance UTE truck kit to my 98 Beetle. I have the entire front end off right now, as I replaced the radiator, and all coolant hoses. Also did a complete tune-up while I could easily reach everything. I installed a set of 3 gauges on top of the dash for volts, oil and water. The front struts were shot, and the lady that owned the car must have hit plenty of parking blocks, as I had a great deal of body damage to repair under the grill, as well as replace the grill and fog lights. I'm in the priming stage on that work now. Once I get the car back together, I'll take it for a ride, and then turn it back in to the shop for the kit work to start, That'll be the fun part !!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, that's looking mighty good ! What year is your Beetle ? I'm eager to get started with the kit part, but as I've posted before, I have been slowed down by getting all things in order under the hood first. That ended up being a lot more that I planned for ! Is there a way for us to communicate via email, as I would appreciate being able to ask you some questions, if you didn't mind that .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts