NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
If you have or can get one that is wrecked, but not totaled the. It would be doable. Cut off the back half of the body, strengthen the chassis. Order in a small truck bed in pieces and then fabricate it to the right size. Only issue I see is the rear bumper, but that could be sourced from a few different spots.

I say someone do it!

·
Registered
30 Posts
That thing is sweet!!!!!!

There are a couple nice shells around these woods. I would totally do this if it doesnt cost too much money.

·
Don't call me pumpkin...
221 Posts
Anything is doable with enough time, money, and creativity.

I would totally do this if it doesnt cost too much money.
"Too much money" is relative, of course. Everyone's definition is different. IMO, if you can't do the fab work yourself (and probably the paint too), it's gonna be too much money. Honestly... I can do the fab work myself, and I still think it would be too much money.

·
BEAR
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anything is doable with enough time, money, and creativity.

"Too much money" is relative, of course. Everyone's definition is different. IMO, if you can't do the fab work yourself (and probably the paint too), it's gonna be too much money. Honestly... I can do the fab work myself, and I still think it would be too much money.
understand what you are saying. I worked in the automotive repair biz for nearly 20 years so I still have some great contacts to get work done cheaply. If I can get help with the fabrication work my buddy has his own paint booth and will let me do a high quality spray there for free. I just have to do the work and buy the paint. Prep is the key.

·
New Beetle Accessories
1,226 Posts
Here's a Turbo "S" that I saw at MOFOCO's BUGFEST this past Saturday.

Stretched 22 inches with a custom rear window and side windows.

Attachments

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
WOW! I like that a lot !!!
A new beetle wagen
The curved bed looks MUCH smoother than the box bed.
I'll take a YELLOW one please!
:jawdrop:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts