NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Splat Inc.
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been noticing that when I drive for somewhat long periods of time, my temp light will come on blue, and then my oil light will start blinking. I just changed the oil and put in Royal Purple race oil in it, and checked the coolant. Everything is normal under the hood now, but the lights keep coming on. It doesn't affect performance or anything, its just an extreme eye sore lol. Anyone have any idea's as to why this is happening?

·
Super Splat Inc.
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had my brother in law did it at his shop. he works at valvoline. but its been happening even before i put new oil in it.

·
2,646 Posts
If the temp light is flashing blue it indicates a fault in the temp sensor--if it's coming on steady then perhaps it is getting too cool? Stuck open thermostat? Some 1.8Ts have been plagued by oil sludge problems--if a previous owner just used conventional oil and was less than regular with oil changes it might be sludge, or you could have a pressure problem, or a faulty sensor or simply faulty wiring to the sensor. At any rate, some of these possibilities are serious, others aren't, but I'd get it figured out quick. Good luck!

·
Super Splat Inc.
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks a lot walker. ill get that checked out as soon as I can. I didnt realize that it could be so many things lol.

·
The Highway's a callin'
28 Posts
I had the exact same issue and after some search on this site and Vortex I found that it was most likely the temp sensor, so I changed it and the lights went away.
All is well now.

·
Super Splat Inc.
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I just put a fuel injection cleaner in, and she seems to be running fine. No lights are on. Hopefully it stays that way. Now if I can fix my limp mode problem, ill be fine. Oh and walker, thanks for your service with the military. Honorable discharge?

·
Super Splat Inc.
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
good man lol. Im going on 6 years in now. Served 2 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. I guess thats why they bumped me up in rank so quickly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts