NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to click on edit because on accident I posted 2x in a thread and nothing happens. Quote and Quick both work but not the edit button. Is anyone else having this problem?

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Nope, edit is working fine for me. It's edit-in-lace, meaning that when you click edit, it should change your post from a readable posting into a text-box that you can type into. In other words, there is no reload of the page, nothing to wait for, etc. You just start typing. Perhaps that is confusing you?

·
18,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jcroft said:
Nope, edit is working fine for me. It's edit-in-lace, meaning that when you click edit, it should change your post from a readable posting into a text-box that you can type into. In other words, there is no reload of the page, nothing to wait for, etc. You just start typing. Perhaps that is confusing you?
Could be! Doesn't take much to do that lately! :ha:

·
18,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just tried to edit this post and nothing happened. Oh well.. maybe its the stupid computer here at work. No biggie.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Edit's cool! I'm sorry you're having trouble w/it. That's one of those cool features that I felt make this upgrade worth it.

Sorry it's givin' you issues CGB. You tried smacking the side of the monitor yet?

·
18,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
noR said:
Edit's cool! I'm sorry you're having trouble w/it. That's one of those cool features that I felt make this upgrade worth it.

Sorry it's givin' you issues CGB. You tried smacking the side of the monitor yet?
OHH SMACK THE MONITOR? I was smacking myself. Since that did nothing but give me a headache I'll try smacking the monitor! :ha:

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
CyberGreenBaby said:
I've been trying to click on edit because on accident I posted 2x in a thread and nothing happens. Quote and Quick both work but not the edit button. Is anyone else having this problem?
i think when you hit the edit button, you might have to scroll up to the top of the page to see the post you need to edit. i remember clicking edit once and i thought, "weird, nothing happened", but then i scrolled up and there was my post, in edit mode. give it a try.

·
18,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
callisto9 said:
i think when you hit the edit button, you might have to scroll up to the top of the page to see the post you need to edit. i remember clicking edit once and i thought, "weird, nothing happened", but then i scrolled up and there was my post, in edit mode. give it a try.
I figured out what was wrong. Here at work when I go to a different page I get this message 1st "A script is accessing some software [an ActiveX control] in this page which has been marked for safe scripting. Do you want to allow this?" Well ya have to hit either yes or no and I just always hit the space bar to make it go away, which makes me hit no. I figured that if I hit yes I wont have that problem. I'm able to edit then.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Trying going to your User CP, Edit Options, and down at the bottom is "Message Editor Interface"; Set that to Standard Editor and see if that helps out.

Lemme know if it works for you Shelly

1 - 11 of 11 Posts