NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I was hanging out at the VW dealership today with my buddies in parts and service, and I wanted to show them the pics I posted of the cyber and gecko green NB's.

All I got was locks, I couldn't even browse the forums without logging in!

I remembered the naming format of the images and I was still able to view them, but why make people register to simply look around?

I always browse forums before I register, would you buy a car without sitting inside first?
:confused:

SMG

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
If the forums are actually set to not allow people to browser without logging in, it's a mistake, and was changed recently (I browse them not-logged in regularly, so I know it normally works). I'll check into it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Is there timeout counter? I keep having to log back in during the day...

Later, Rich

·
Old Skool .org Member
58 Posts
I've been wondering about this also...

I definately can NOT browse the forums without logging in. It's pretty annoying. When I click on Forums (or use my favorites link), I get:
-----------------------------------------------------------
vBulletin Message

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
Buggin said:
I've been wondering about this also...

I definately can NOT browse the forums without logging in. It's pretty annoying. When I click on Forums (or use my favorites link), I get:
-----------------------------------------------------------
vBulletin Message

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation

Yes this is normal to see now, about a month ago we had a problem with our service provider saying that we were taking up too much of their resources, and they were going to randomly block people to keep us under the maximum threashold.

As such, we decided to block access by guests, so that our members would be able to see the forum as much as possible.

You will need to log in everytime you want to read a thread, unless you click the "Remember me" check box.

James

1 - 10 of 10 Posts