VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out on the highway last weekend in my daughters 06 beetle and was going a bit faster than I should have and the entire headlight assembly popped out. I didn't even know what it was at first as I just saw something pop up and bounce off my windshield. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw something bouncing down the highway at a hundred miles an hour. After a few seconds I realized it must have been the headlight. I figured it was destroyed so I just kept going. After about ten miles something told me to turn around and go check to see if anything was salvagable as everything VW seems to cost alot. When I got there I picked it up and everything was intact, nothing broken, just a minor scuff on the rubber gasket around the lense. I plugged it back it and incrediably it worked fine, high beam and all. That is some fine German Engineering. I guess the force of the air in the grill was greater than the force of the air pushing against it. I have to get in there when it warms up and fasten it in properly.

Bill Baraby

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
It is possible to install without it being put back in properly; the lock/lever and everything must be locked down. Maybe, the last person; who put it back in, didn't! Cool, everything was ok; light ass'y from the dealer; arn't cheap! :)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Samething happened to me when I first brought my 2006 beetle. The problem was the person who changed the headlight for me didn't lock it in place. Luckily yours just popped out because my entire light came out when I was driving on a back road. Good thing no cars were behind me and I was able to fix it myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts