NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have finished replacing the head and the timing belt, now the car is blowing fuses. We did have fuse 10 and 14 blowing, but reset the ECU using the battery and bleeding off current, replace the fuse and powered bac on, now the interior lights, etc wor fuse 14. We still have fuse 1o blowing, this states engine and gas, I belienve, that is still blowing. I also bought a vchecer, this seems to give me a communication errror with the ecu, but other systems I am able to read, like airbag. The key remote works just the fuse blows in 10 and the car won't start.

guess in order to get the code I needed to have the ingition on? anyway it seems these are the codes

00777 Accelerator Pos sender
00660 icdown switch
00529 speed information
00545 engine/gearbox elect
01314 ECU

not sure that this is correct, seeing others have numbers with letters preceeding

any help would be great

·
5/23/10 <3
10,920 Posts
Are there codes with a P in front of them at all? The code descriptions don't tell us much, but if we could get more info on the code numbers we can probably help you better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
codes

I think those codes are for trans not the ECU. I get a Comm error when attempting to read the ECU, is there a relay that would prevent me from reaching the ecu? I also have fuse 10, engine/fuel that is blowing.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,920 Posts
Do you have an aftermarket radio? Was the ignition on?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
was the ignition on when, when attempting to read? I tried to read with and without ignition key on when reading the ECU. No after maret radio, stock everything and eyless entry, windows, locks, and alarm function

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think you should recheck all the electical connections to the cylinder head and any conncetions you pulled that was not nessary when removing the cylinder head. Look for any lose wires in the connection plugs. Look for any bare wire in the connector cable or loom. You have a short, every thing worked before you started this project, correct? Then I would think that any wire you moved or disconected before head removal is suspect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts