VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This problem is rather exasperating. Bought my daughter a 2010, one of the headlights was a mess. Bought a new set of headlights from CarParts.com. I cannot get them adjusted correctly. When I turn on the highbeam, I see what can only be described as a Ghost light blob further down the road from the low beams. Any help, advice ANYTHING at this point would be helpful!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Beetle Base Model
5 Posts
Many newer vehicles do this, my wife’s beetle is an 01 so I haven’t noticed the cut off like your pic, but our newer Buick Enclave has a sharp cut off.
Thank you Jarhead...I guess the replacement headlights put in my 2010 are of this style. I'm certainly not use to it and I'm not sure I like it.
My high beams still brighten the road under my low beams. I just wish I had my old headlights back. :(

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
If you can see and the roadway is lit, then you are doing better than many of us with the older original headlights.

I have polished the lenses so they are fairly clear and tried several different bulbs, rebuilt the wiring in both headlights and now finally the night time illumination is decent. Many of the early 2000’s beetle owners complain about their headlights. Many go to aftermarket headlights in hopes of achieving more light.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts