NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not know if this is the right place for this, but here goes: can anyone tell me of a good dealer who sells OEM headlight assemblies (2004 VW New Beetle/driver side). Like many others, my clear lens came loose and I fixed it (I thought). Today it just blew off going down the road. I am 60 years old and have had a lot of cars, but I have never seen this.
I guess just the lens and rubber gasket might work - BUT due to my previous "repair" I have doubts the fix will stay. Maybe best to just get a whole new assembly.
Please tell me of a vendor who sells this for WAY less than what VW dealer wants. Thanks.

·
Registered
708 Posts
You can purchase just the lens from the dealer. I purchased both headlight assembly's on eBay cheaper than one from the dealer. They're not OEM, but are built to OEM specs. I haven't had any problems out of them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there any trick to getting the latch to lock in the new headlight assembly? I have the new assembly in perfectly mated against the fender, rubber gasket perfect . . . but the latch will not move to lock it in. Anybody have any tricks/suggestions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts