NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, seriously... I can't be the only one that has experienced this... I am new to this whole "new beetle" experience and I have to say, I LOVE MY 2010 BETTLE!!! owned it since it was brand new, and I have to say I still think it is great.... BUT... (yes you knew that was coming)the other day noticed one of my headlights had gone out... Went to buy a bulb, after all how hard can it be to replace right? (even for a girl... says the biggest girly girl ever.) It was dark, I had a long drive and long story short did not want to get pulled over... hmmmm well, let me just say... Apparently pretty damn difficult... all kinds of stuff in the way, here I thought I would just go in there take the old one out and pop in the new one... hmmm, ya no think again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got a 2010, it's the driver's side bulb and hmmmmm... ya.. not yet.. That's tonight's project actually. Off work in about an hour.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Standard headlight bulbs only last 2-3 years in these car due the Daytime Running Lights being rather bright on these cars.

Change the other one soon, it will not be far behind the first failure. Always change in pairs!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you jfoj... and look my car is just about 2.5 yrs old... yep yep, got it changed, not too bad, wish I had seen this before I put it all back together. Looks like I have a little project for the passenger's side this weekend. :)
Very good advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts