NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Zzzzzzzzz
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I had a quick question for you guys. I hope one of you might know. My car had been in the body shop for the last couple of weeks because I had gotten into an accident and when I got it back the headlights are facing down so I can only see a few feet in front of me at night. So my question is can I adjust them? If not what do you think I should do? :confused:

·
Bourgeoisie
309 Posts
You can adjust them. Kinda hart to describe what to look for, but they are essentially plastic allen wrench sockets with flat head sockets at the base, so you can use either to turn them. They should be sitting to the side or on top of the headlight housing. One turns the ligh sideays, the other up and down. Face the car towards a wall and watch the beams move to adjust.

·
Keep It Real
1,746 Posts
The body shop that repaired your car should have properly aligned your headlights as part of the repair, special equipment is used for adusting headlight alignment.

I'd take the car back to the body shop and have them take care of this at no further charge to you.

·
Zzzzzzzzz
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do plan to take it back to the body shop. They had to put a new windshield in and when I got it back it was all scratched up so they have to fix that. There was wiring hanging out for the windshield whipper fluid that I fixed. I plan on just bringing it back to have everything fixed.:(

·
Cherchez la coeur...
977 Posts
I'd go ovet the car really well, and take pictures of all the areas you have issues with. Th
at way you can compare what tehy do and nothing falls between the craks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts