VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
huskyfan_7 said:
I need help figuring out my headlight. I replaced the entire driver's side headlight assembly today because the old one was broken in a few places and didnt fit well. Anyway, I used the same bulbs and when I plugged it in and tested it, nothing lit up. I pulled the wires out of the old assembly and put them into the new assembly hoping it would work, but it still doesnt. That seems to rule out the wires in the light. Anybody with an idea of what may be the problem?? :confused:
I need more info.. Did you replace the whole bucket assembly?? Did the new bucket assembly come with the wiring harness with plug that attaches to the outter supply plug???This plug is clipped into the headlight housing with the correct wires attached to the bulb sockets...Is that how it came??? If so, I can only suspect a wiring fault some where or a plug that is not making good contact. Is it possible to reverse this plug that clips into the headlight assembly???? JK

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.