NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I got home from dinner last night and the right side headlight was out again. They've been giving me a lot of grief ever since the body shop worked on her car. Both headlights have gone out, fortunately not at the same time. Most of the problem initially was that the shop had the sockets too far back in the fenders and the electrical connector was barely making contact. I adjusted both and have that issue resolved but wasn't happy with how much play there is in the headlight lock. A little wiggling and the light moves forward enough to lose contact. Last night I decided to build up the locking surface of the light. I built a dam with small strips of wood and dabs of super glue and filled the gap with epoxy. I used a saw to cut down thru the wood then broke the waste away and filed it to shape. Worked like a charm, the lock is nice and snug and the light is back on. We'll see how the epoxy holds up, it might soften from the heat in which case I'll fashion a new shim of metal. I built up the surface 1/8 inch and that seemed just right.
 

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Top