NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2004 Reflex Silver Beetle
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, was going to replace the bulbs in my 04 GLS and of course the plastic lever for the retainer on the passenger side headlight assembly breaks off.
Does anyone know what parts I need to get this fixed, I really do not want to pay the dealer to replace the parts.
Thanks,

DK

·
Registered
14 Posts
The ring with the lever is not difficult to replace. 3 8mm bolts IIRC. For our Beetle, the part numbers were:

1C0 806 629A (Driver's Side)
1C0 806 630 (Passenger's Side)

and they ran around $17.

The only thing I noticed was that you have a bit of play when you install the rings. In my case, it was necessary to install the ring as far to the rear of the vehicle as possible in order to get the headlight to fit properly. Not a bit deal - its not like there was a huge amount of play or anything, but slight misalignments of things here makes the headlight difficult to get in and out.

Regards,
Tom

·
20V GTRS
1,120 Posts
Be careful to not have it set too far back, just enough to have the headlight gasket to seal with the body. If there is too much pressure you will run the risk of the lense seperating from the housing and you will then need to buy a $130ish headlight lense. (personal expierence)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts