NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all! I'm new to this forum, so hopefully someone can help me out.

My passenger side lens cover (plastic part that protects the bulb and lens inside)is all scratched up and very foggy looking. I have already cleaned and polished it up looks a little better than before but its still pretty bad. I don't want to replace the whole headlight, is there somewhere I can buy just the plastic cover?

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts

·
blue highways
738 Posts
Might be able to talk a salvage yard into letting you buy just the lenses from a car/s with headlights that are otherwise damaged- just be careful not to break the tabs around the edges.

·
Registered
708 Posts
This is speaking from past experience. It's cheaper to buy 2 new aftermarket headlights off of eBay, than to buy one replacement lens. I've checked.
I bought my headlights off of eBay and they are not bad. They fit just like the OEM ones and look the same, also. If you get them from eBay, look up the seller am-autoparts. They have a pair for $150.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is speaking from past experience. It's cheaper to buy 2 new aftermarket headlights off of eBay, than to buy one replacement lens. I've checked.
I bought my headlights off of eBay and they are not bad. They fit just like the OEM ones and look the same, also. If you get them from eBay, look up the seller am-autoparts. They have a pair for $150.
That's what I ended up doing, I found 2 new aftermarket headlights for the amount I would have paid for one headlight lens! These new ones i bought are far nicer and they are halo projector headlights.
Thanks for the input!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts