VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2010 Beetle with 16,xxx miles on it. The front passenger side had a light hit. I replaced the fender, bumper and headlight. Everything went fine but I have no headlights. No low beam, no high beam. Where do I start?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been fighting with my wife's 2007...a bulb went out and after I removed the lamp housings and put them back, on both sides nothing worked right again. The issue was the plug not seating properly when the light cavity was put back in. Sounds like it's a very common problem, I did a search and I wound up here!

Not sure if there is enough room to move the wires on the '10 but in the '07 I just removed the male plug on the cavity side from its seat, trimmed the plastic that held it, reconnected the plug nice and snug like it should have been, put the light housing back in, no more problems. I had to trim the black plastic on the bracket where the plug previously resided because it was in the way of seating the light properly after removing.

Might be a place to start...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's exactly what the problem was with mine. I did the same thing and was able to pull the wires, plug the light in, slide it in and lock it. No issues.
This is probably the best way to solve the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts