NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replace the bulb on the passenger’s side and they both work now. But they are backwards, the running lights are the night beams and the night lights are the running lights on both sides. I have checked everything and all connects are correct.

How could this happen and why would it effect both sides?

I even unhooked the light I replaced and the other one still is backwards. Hummmmm.... Any ideas???

Thanks

HD

·
Tell your mom I said hi
444 Posts
I've been sitting here scratching my head for about 30 minutes thinking about this. Unless you crossed your wires from the connector to the bulbs, I can't think of any way this could happen. I guess get a test light and see which wire is highbeam and which is low and attach it to the appropriate bulb.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, here's what happen. The light, which is behind the frosted (magnified) lenses, went out, this is the one, which came on when you turned on the lights. After I replace it and put it all back together, it's reversed. The light with the frosted (magnified) lenses is now the running light and the nighttime light.

What use to be the running light is now the high beam. This is the case for both lights on both sides and I only relaced the passenger’s side.

·
Member For Life
50 Posts
I'm not going to be able to help, But I just had to say that's just whack! I've replaced them myself and have no clue how that could happen.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A few more questions:

Which of the two bulbs is the running light? The top bulb or the bottom one? Which bulb is the night time light, the top or bottom? Which bulb is the high beam, the top or bottom?

thanks

·
Member For Life
50 Posts
I thought that the top bulb (the one behind the frosted lens) was both the Daytime Running light AND the "nightime" light and the bottom one was the bright.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is how mine is now, but before I replace the bulb it was the opposite. GO FIGURE....

So, is this way correct???

VDUBYA said:
I thought that the top bulb (the one behind the frosted lens) was both the Daytime Running light AND the "nightime" light and the bottom one was the bright.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The daytime light is the low beam light (on top)
Anybody know the part number for this bulb? I need to change mine as well. Just put the "For Sale" sign on the Bug yesterday and the bulb goes out.

·
Member For Life
50 Posts
Sorry, I saw that NBTurboFreak had responded to the question and didn't respond. He's right, the bright bulb is on the bottom.... :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts