NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm not sure if any one can help me out, but I'm going to give it a shot any way. I am looking for 2 New headlights for my 2003.5 Turbo S. I would much appreciate it if any one has any info on either of the options listed..

Option #1: I would like to up grade to the HID's but I'm not sure if they were offered for my car, if so I would like to know how much money it costs and how much work it is to up grade to HID's and where I can get the stuff I need to do the mods

Option #2: I want to find a place to get regular Halogen headlights for the car but dont want to pay out the A** for them. also I need new fog lights does any one know where I can get some for a reasonable price?

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
If you want genuine HIDs, then it'll cost you. Retrofit kits are nice but the headlight housing is not designed for them.

Do you need entire units or just lenses?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need the entire assembly the passenger one is majorly mis aimed and the dealer told me that the peices that they use to aim them are broken, and I figured if I'm going to replace one I may as well replace both

·
"that kid with the bug"
415 Posts
not to hijack but im thinking about replacing my headlight bulbs here shortly. got in a front end accident and got new headlight housings and bulbs but the lights seem to be dimmer now. i was looking at the silverstars but ive read on here that they burn out fast. are there any other options as to a brighter 55w halogen bulb? or should i go up to 75w? can i even go to 75w?

Matt

·
Registered
308 Posts
If you got new headlight housings, they probably were not aimed which is why they seem dim.

I'd suggest getting them aimed first.

As far as OEM HID's go, you're looking at at least $1000 to do the whole works with the headlight housings, ballasts, leveling switch.

Since a good quality retrofit will run you under $200, you do the math.

·
Probably MIA
2,799 Posts
no one knows?!:confused:
www.tmtuning.com

You'll have to contact them for a price quote.

www.bugsgogo.com also has them. Koji reads/writes decent english but you'll have to pay a bit for shipping as he is in Japan. Oh and btw...the whole shebang from him costs 260,400 yen, or about $2,924.40 USD at today's exchange rate.

·
Probably MIA
2,799 Posts
extra

·
Probably MIA
2,799 Posts
Thanks for the info. Still...ouch. That is 10 times the price of my setup. Only difference I see is that they are bixenon where my lights are still the halogen highs. Personally, I prefer keeping the high beam halogen for those dark and rainy nights. When seeing OEM NB HID's I havent been too impressed with their output either.

I'll keep mine and save the 2 grand for a VNT17/22, nozzles, and RC3. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts