NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
inkman27
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently re-did my Headliner in my 2002 Beetle,and it came out awesome!Has anyone tried to repair a crack in there door panels? Did you use fiberglass?:D

Attachments

·
inkman27
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My door panels

how do you have a blue bug with black top door panels???
I painted them Satin Black,because I couldn't get the Marlin Blue spray paint any.where. I like the way the Black looks,and it goes well with some of the black inside the car too. I am planning on painting the tops of the back panels also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is that fabric or paint?

I have an 06 and was considering paint instead of fabric. Even considering Rhino liner!

·
inkman27
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My door panels

I painted my door panels on the top part,with Hammered Black spray paint,then used left over headliner fabric to cover my door panel inserts. It came out really good ,considering I have never done anything like this before.I am pretty handy with other things though. I will try to fix anything , if it's possible.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Nice work. Did you just use spray adhesive to glue the headliner on there?

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
inkman27
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
headliner glue

Nice work. Did you just use spray adhesive to glue the headliner on there?

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free
Hello BME,
I used upholstery spray adhesive that I bought from Auto Zone,to glue my headliner fabric on the Headliner and the Door cards too!One thing for sure,you have to take your time!My door cards didn't come out perfect,but I am pretty happy with them! :D

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Hello BME,
I used upholstery spray adhesive that I bought from Auto Zone,to glue my headliner fabric on the Headliner and the Door cards too!One thing for sure,you have to take your time!My door cards didn't come out perfect,but I am pretty happy with them! :D
Thanks for the info. BTW, I used fiberglass to repair my door panel. Passenger side was in 2 pieces. The portion that goes against the window was separated from the rest. I hot glued it then fiberglassed it. Now I need to grind it down together it to fit in the window seal. After that I need to Bondo and reprint it. I hope it all works!

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

1 - 12 of 12 Posts