NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Luv my bug!
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am in need of a beige leather or leatherette left rear solid headrest cover/pad--solid vs. the donut style. Mine blew off when we were going down the road!:eek: She's a 2005 New Beetle convertible.

--Many thanks!

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Not quite sure if you need the entire headrest since you mentioned PAD or what you mean by Cover?? I guess the Non-Convertible Beetle's don't have a cover for their headrests. Just the headrest themselves.
I did a quick search on Google but couldn't find anything under just headrest cover.

Good Luck. ;)

·
Super Moderator
14,786 Posts
Blew off? I did not know the covers were removeable? The rear headrests in your NBC are also rollover protection. They will deploy (pop up) in the event of a rollover. Can you picture what you mean? The missing item? :confused:

·
Luv my bug!
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is left is there now is just the sturdy alloy looking "frame" thing sticking up out of the seat where the beige leatherette headrest cushy part used to be. My goofy son was "chair dancing" when we were flying down a windy mountain road and he must have rubbed against it so hard to make it come off and it blew off down the road during our drive--top was down. It might have been loose? I didn't notice it was gone until we arrived at our destination. I drove back to look for it, but sadly couldn't find it. I found one replacement for it, a whopping $170. I also called all the salvage yards in my area and no luck. I've attached pictures so you can see what I'm trying to describe. This is horrible! :eek::mad::cry::cry:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Wow, looks like the entire headrest came off. You must have driven through a tornado for that thing to fly off. I don't think it is suppose to come off :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts