NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The heated mirrors don't seem to be working. I read on some threads here that it could be because it was left on the "heat" position all the time burning them out. I just got the car, but when I got it, it was in the heating position so I think maybe this is what happened.
Replacing the glass will fix this? I found some replacements on Ebay, but am not sure it's exactly what I need. I'm also a little concerned about quality but I don't have $170 to spend on new mirrors, so I will sacrifice some quality.
The ones on ebay I was looking at are here: VW NEW BEETLE 1998-2003 HEATED CONVEX WING MIRROR GLASS | eBay
Let me know what you think! I don't really know anything. Also, I haven't quite mastered the search function on here, so if this question, or something similar, has been answered feel free to just link me there! I don't want to be annoying!!
Thanks!! :D

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
You can probably obtain replacement mirrors from you local auto glass shop, most have them available. The site is probably fine, keep in mind they are British which is why the sell convex for either side. You don't want a convex for the driver's side, and if it were me replacing the passenger, I would buy the non-convex for both sides, since they will have them, and the non-convex will not be available Stateside.

M.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts