VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
My 2005 beetle has the two controls to operate the heated seats but doesn't actually have heated seats ( long story)

Does anyone know if it's possible to remove the two control wheels and buy blanking covers? So I can return it to as it was sent from the factory without heated seats controls

·
Super Moderator
14,832 Posts
If the thumbwheel dials are there, then it has heated seats. Non heated seat models have a blank area.

I'd like to hear the long story! :eek:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the thumbwheel dials are there, then it has heated seats. Non heated seat models have a blank area.

I'd like to hear the long story! :eek:
Ok, it goes like this...... Moved both wheels up to 5, no heat, check fuses which are all ok, removed facia where thumb wheel dials are, the power and neutral are still connected from the ESP and heated rear window button but the other wires coming from the connecting block have all been cut
I can't find anything hidden in the dash to connect them back on to. All very strange!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone know the option code thats found on the sticker in the boot/trunk for heated seats??

·
Super Moderator
14,832 Posts
Somewhere here is a thread that has the decoder. I did a Google search, VW vin decoder, and saw many options for checking.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts