NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, just found this site so I joined up and need a little help. First off here is a little background info. The car is my wifes 2010 Heaven Blue Beetle. She has always liked them and when it was time for a new car a couple years ago she finally got one. Honestly the car has been very dependable regardless of weather conditions(goes places my truck needs 4WD for) but now that my daughter has been driving she has been using it. She recently had a near miss with a deer and when she swerved to avoid it she clipped a mailbox with the mirror and went off road a bit. I bought all the necessary pieces and parts to fix the car and have it back together. To replace the rad code support the bumper/fenders had to be removed and now I am having issues with the headlights. They work fine but if you hit a bump they seem to lose contact at the plug and go out. I can literally push on the assy and they come back on. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long 1st post.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
Sounds like the assembly isn't quite seated right. Or the wiring isn't quite together.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome, I have lurked around on here for quite awhile before joining officially. Have found lots of good info for various questions we've had come up since the wife bought the car back in '10. I play around with older Thunderbirds and know them quite well but they are quite different than the german engineering. I worked for Mercedes for nearly 20 years so have some background in the foreign car world but good to find a site with knowledgeable folks such as yourselves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts