VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all--
I just joined, and I'm not well-versed at using forums...I tried to post this elsewhere but I have no idea where it went! So i promise I'm not trying to "cross-post"?

I'm agonizing over whether I should purchase a 2008 NB Convertible...it's beautiful, impeccably maintained, 48,000 miles, Certified Pre-Owned with 2 year/24,000 limited warranty. I LOVED driving it! I'm trying to get a "fun" but reliable car for me and my 5-year old. I can't afford to make a mistake...and i'm in love with the car, so i'm afraid my emotions might lead me astray!

There are so many conflicting reports online regarding this vehicle, so I found this forum to ask people who will really know!

One more thing: The canvas top has two identical 2" wear marks, like scratches, on each side near the back where the top folds, and there is also a small hole on each side near the frame where it rubs against a bolt when it opens and closes (electric top). I'm concerned that the weakened areas will turn into tears. I looked at other tops on VW Convertibles and they didn't have these marks. Should I be concerned? By the way, I have a garage and I live in the Seattle area.

Thanks so much, I'd very much appreciate any advice!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Hello and welcome to the org my name is Patrick I'm not real familiar with the convertible top issue it doesn't sound real good but I'm sure someone could take a look at it and fix it up. but I do know that these cars are very very dependable I have 1 it's a 99 it has 155,000 miles on it I have only replace the timing belt tires and brakes these cars require maintenance just like any other car but they are very fun to drive in very very dependable thank you

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts