NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a few posts about my recent headlight problem but no how - to on replacing the broken catch. I hope this helps! If it meets the standards of the group please post this to the How -To section of the forum.

Thanks!

Eric

Attachments

·
Die with your boots on
3,716 Posts
I actually just did this a couple days ago. Hardest part was getting the headlight with the broken catch. Not too hard of a job.
Nice write up!

·
Send Money
1,135 Posts
Oh wow.. thank you thank you thank you...

Mine broke last time I changed a bulb, and I was wondering what I'd do the next time one burned out.

·
Super Moderator
8,909 Posts
Addition...

HarlequinPixie said:
My retaining clip was actually to far gone even for this to work. The handle part was broken of below the level where you can access it to drill holes and try moving it that way, and the tab you have to press to release it snapped easier then a twig when i tried to put a whole in it. So here's what I did:

Now, it may have been shear dumb luck that this worked, but I though I'd share anyways. Also, after getting the headlight loosened a bit, I found it helped to put the bolt that was taken out in Step 1 back in. Stopped the black part from moving around any more and getting caught on the guide rails while prising the headlight the rest of the way out. (oh, and the part about not worring about it falling refers to the nut you can't really reach to hold onto, not the bolt!)

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
@angusstorm: You saved my life!

While I was at it, I replaced the catches on both sides and greased them well with silicon goo so, with any luck, the next time I can get the headlight out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have seen a few posts about my recent headlight problem but no how - to on replacing the broken catch. I hope this helps! If it meets the standards of the group please post this to the How -To section of the forum.

Thanks!

Eric
You rock! Your PDF just saved me! THANK YOU!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts