VW Beetle Forum banner

Hello everybody.....

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  02SilverSport 
#1 ·
It's nice to a member here now. I have a 2000 new beetle. There is one problem I am encountering now. I have a manual transmission and when I put my car in reverse it the shift lever would pop back up after to go into the other gears but now it doesn't. It stay stuck down. I would have to use force of pulling it back up to access first gear. All the gears are working fine. It's just that sticking down that is the problem. I notice a spring at the end of the shift lever right on top of the ball. Is there some kind of lube that goes down into the base of the shift lever underneath the ball to help release the lever back up?:confused:

#4 ·
shift knob

Sorry I have no experience or had problems with the shifting levers or knob. Welcome to newbeetle.org though.... You might want to post your question in the technical section depending on what size engine you have..ie 1.8T or 2.0 or diesel tdi...etc etc you might get better results or help there. Good luck man. :wave3:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.