VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys name is Ty and I am the proud new owner of a 2001 vw beetle sport 1.8L turbo. I had previously owned a 1999.5 vw jetta. While I LOVED that car, I had to sell it for financial reasons. Anyway, after deciding to get another vw , I was plagued with the tough choice of deciding which of these great vehicles should I own? After much research and more research, I decided that the Beetle was the car for me! So far since I purchased her (Whitney) on 8/30/2012 I have changed the catalytic converter, at the shop rewired reverse light harness at the shop, and changed temperature sensor, myself. Next week I will be getting new tires and changing timing belt, water pump, and tensioner. Also I was told there is a small leak around the turbo, which either I need to replace the hose or the o-ring around the hose??? Not sure yet, but whichever the case I will be getting it done. My boyfriend says that I got a great deal on a great car, and he wasn't kidding my baby is loaded sunroof power everything, and leather whoa.... I am so happy with my purchase. I have learned a lot already and hope to continue, with help from you guys!!! Pictures to come. Thanks
Ty:D:D:nblove::nblove:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Congrats on your new 5to you beetle and welcome to the org. you will find some great info here when things happen , as they seem to do on these cars. But this is the place to learn how to repair many of the little things you might run into.

Cant wait to see pix of your car

·
Super Moderator
14,832 Posts
Welcome to the Org, :wave2: and Welcome to the New Beetle! :party:

·
All this & I can cook too
482 Posts
Welcome to the .org! You're going to find alot of nice and helpfiul people here :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Ty! I'm also a new Beetle owner, and I'm from Boston, so pretty close to you. :) One of the cars I looked at was a 2001 Turbo with the fancy-fancy leather heated seats and other fun extras. That one was yellow. The one I ended up going with though was a 2002 Beetle in silver. The interior of the yellow one was so nice, but I had to go with the non-turbo silver Bug. It was one model year newer and had 20,000 less miles on it (70 on the Turbo, 50 on the regular). Mine just has a tape deck vs. a CD changer, and it's plain cloth interior. But it has a sunroof. And I bought one of those ipod-to-tape-deck thingies.

This is also my first car, so I'm super-excited. I put off learning how to drive for a long time (as in, I could've had my license in 1998, but I'm just getting it now). My little Bug drives really well and has been an excellent car to learn on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts