VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
New here. I recently picked up a Silver 2004 2.0L Convertible with 130,000 miles. I plan on keeping her for a long time. She needed some TLC and mechanical work done. I plan to mildly customize her with a coilover suspension (Raceland Ultimo already in hand), 18" aftermarket wheels and a color change via PlastiDip. I am going to be giving this car a new life where she will get lots of rest and will never be driven in bad weather or winter. She will be stored in a nice dry garage as well.I wanted to post here to see if the community would want to get involved by giving tips, advice and general encouragement. I plan to post pics and the occasional video as often as possible.
About me: I am a 44 year old husband and father of 2 awesome young boys (5 years old and 17 months old). I've always admired VW's and presently own a Silver 2007 VW Passat 2.0T Wagon as my daily driver. I live in the New England area so I have to deal with the winter weather but I'm used to it by now.

One question: should I start a new thread in a specific area? If so, could someone please direct me on where to start my Beetle project thread?

Looking forward to your responses and input. Should be fun!!

·
Beetle Minion
92 Posts
Welcome! Looking forward to seeing the pics!

If you start a build thread, I'd subscribe. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
14,834 Posts
Welcome to the Org, :wave2: and Welcome to the New Beetle Convertible! :party:

You should start two more threads:

1. In the photo forum for New Beetles, and use it as your personal album, to add pics to wnen you have any new ones.

2. An advice thread in the Problems and Concerns - NBC".

Thanks for joining us, and VW Forever! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the Org, :wave2: and Welcome to the New Beetle Convertible! :party:

You should start two more threads:

1. In the photo forum for New Beetles, and use it as your personal album, to add pics to wnen you have any new ones.

2. An advice thread in the Problems and Concerns - NBC".

Thanks for joining us, and VW Forever! :D
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'll take your advice and will start with the phot album. I need to get her out somewhere nice and take some pics real soon. Probably later this afternoon. It's going to be fun to see how she looks as time passes.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts