VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we pulled the trigger this past weekend. I can't tell you the number of people who blame the Atlanta snowstorm on us because we bought a "vert" :)

Glad to be a part of the Beetle family, and looking forward to meeting/interacting with some fellow owners!

Meet "Veronica"

And our other toys

2009 Piaggio MP3 250 "Archie"

2007 Honda VTX 1300 "JugHead" (or maybe I'm jughead...)

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
Welcome to the org from a fellow Atlantian! Glad you survived the storm! You're in luck, we have a GtG at Stone Mountain VW on March 1st!! Check out the Events Section in the South East. There is a thread there with all the information. ;) We'd love to have you join! Talk about a great way to get to know the community, have a good time, and ask some questions! (and get modding ideas ;) ) If you have any questions let me know (I'm the one organizing the event too..so any question about that you can ask as well...)

Happy buggin!!!!

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,869 Posts
BIG welcome to the family:wave2:

Nice collection of toys you have there. When I saw you named your vert Veronica, I thought of the Elvis Costello song, but seeing the other names, it looks like we have an Archie fan- Cool:D

As Michelle stated, you should check out the Stone Mountain GtG. My wife and I, unfortunately can't make it this year, but we've been before... and we live in Jacksonville. Def worth the trip. The Atlanta group is an awesome group of people- you won't be disappointed.

Hope to meet you all soon:)

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome folks! We will definitely check out the Stone Mountain gathering and try and make it out if we can!

So already have my 1st question. So Radio is in Safe mode. Luckily I was already able to read the forums, got the din keys, pulled the radio and have the serial number. (no owners manual came with car)

Called local VW dealer with my Vin and Serial number from radio and they want 55 bucks to get me the safe mode key. Anybody know a way to get around this? I know 55 bucks doesn't sound like a lot, but hell I did all the hard work, 55 bucks to punch in some numbers? Unfair ;)

·
Super Moderator
14,834 Posts
Veronica is beautiful! :heart:

Thanks for joining us, :clap: and Welcome to the Org! :wave2:

I think someone will be able to help you with that radio code thing. Join us over at Facebook, we have "The Collective" there, too. See you there! :D

·
4,854 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome folks! We will definitely check out the Stone Mountain gathering and try and make it out if we can!

So already have my 1st question. So Radio is in Safe mode. Luckily I was already able to read the forums, got the din keys, pulled the radio and have the serial number. (no owners manual came with car)

Called local VW dealer with my Vin and Serial number from radio and they want 55 bucks to get me the safe mode key. Anybody know a way to get around this? I know 55 bucks doesn't sound like a lot, but hell I did all the hard work, 55 bucks to punch in some numbers? Unfair ;)
Which dealer did you call? I don't think we charge to give out codes...but I'm not sure on that either. I mean, if you have the serial number and the VIN, like you said, you did all the hard work. Give us a call on Monday 866-201-9815 ask for the parts department. Like I said, I don't know if we charge or not...but I don't recall charging anyone if they have the information we need. I think we only charge if we have to take the radio out (of course)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Veronica is beautiful!!
Normally I go to Atlanta once per moth due my job! I'll keep my eyes open if I see Veronica on the streets!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Which dealer did you call? I don't think we charge to give out codes...but I'm not sure on that either. I mean, if you have the serial number and the VIN, like you said, you did all the hard work. Give us a call on Monday 866-201-9815 ask for the parts department. Like I said, I don't know if we charge or not...but I don't recall charging anyone if they have the information we need. I think we only charge if we have to take the radio out (of course)

It was Stone Mountain VW. (Is that where you are?) I think the Dealer I bought it from is supposedly calling his local VW dealer on Monday, but I'm not sure which one that is. Out of curiosity does anyone know how long it takes to look up the safe code once you have the info?

And thanks for all the help folks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Raido Fixed!

Just an Update,

The dealer I bought the car from came through! They got me the safe code yesterday and man does that Monsoon System sound good.

Unfortunately I've got two hands full of busted knuckles and scrapes from taking the dash apart (its all put back together ;)) and when I took the radio out I stripped the wire on the antennae from the piece that plugs into the back of the deck. (so no local stations)

oh well, the AUX hookup works just fine and plugged into a smart phone we can get everything we need!

Thanks for the help and advice folks, and the wife has already said we'll be at Stone Mountain on the 1st!

·
4,854 Posts
Hmmm...they must have thought you needed the radio pulled or something. Glad you got it figured out though.

Looking forward to meeting you on March 1st. Hoping for a GREAT turn out. I will be "spaming" everyone in the Georgia listing with info on the GtG with a link to the thread. So, be on the look out for a private message in the next day or two. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts