NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
'Mary Jane' 08 Blue SE
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a laser blue NB last month and have been browsing this site since then. I thought it was finally time to say 'hi'! I still haven't named her but am fairly confident it is a girl. I LOVE driving this car so much! I've wanted one for years but thought it would be awhile yet before I got one. My husband thought it would be fun to go test driving one day and we ended up coming home with her!! I don't think he'll suggest doing that again!

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
Welcome

Hello Tami.

Congratulations on the new Baby! While in vacationing in Roswell NM a couple years ago we stumbled onto a New Beetle GTG (Get Together) and my wife sat in a New Beetle convertible. She loved it. When we got back to Florida we started looking at VWs and now she drives a diesel Jetta and I have a diesel Beetle. And to top off the insanity we drove the New Beetle to Roswell for this years show (3,400 miles round trip) and saw the same gal who's car started all the madness!

You are going to have so much fun with your new toy! Don't be shy! Plan to go to some of the local GTGs and meet some folks. These are the nicest and most friendly group of maniacs I have ever met!

Again Welcome and glad to have you aboard!

Chuckie

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Welcome to the Org, :wave2: and Welcome to the New Beetle! :party:

All I can tell you is....I have never had so much fun, than I do in my New Beetle. The NB peeps, they ARE the best! You live in a very active area, lucky! :)

·
'Mary Jane' 08 Blue SE
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone! dmbluebeetle, I'm planning on going to Volksfest. Hopefully I'll see you there.

·
Senior Member Sponsor
1,345 Posts
Hi Tami!

Welcome to the Org from east central Ohio!:)

Lot's of members from the Buckeye state on here.

We are hoping to get a GTG going this fall in Berea. Annual event.

Check it out.

"O" "H"!

·
'Mary Jane' 08 Blue SE
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We're going to Volksfest and Mopar Nats all in one day. My husband has a Dodge Challenger.

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,142 Posts
Hello Tami, and Welcome to the ORG! I have owned many cars in my life, but none as fun as the New Beetle! You will find yourself turning back to look at her when you park to go into a store or job, and when you look back, you will smile....everytime. You will soon realize that you didn't get a car, but you adopted a member of the family:). Good luck and please post many pictures!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know it won't be comfortable, but you know how long drives can be. Sometimes you need to shut your eyes for an hour, in order to recharge.:D

·
'Mary Jane' 08 Blue SE
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the welcomes everyone! I'm waiting to get my new seat covers to post pictures. I have the dreaded leatherette and am tired of getting burned!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts