VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my name is Rod. My wife has been wanting a Beetle for years, just recently she into the turbo diesel Beetle's so we searched for an afforable one. We found a really cheap high mileage 02 TDI, a bit crusty and needing a fender, but the price was right. Been hitting the junkyards piecing it together, heck, just got done replacing the bottom engine mount (dogbone), guess it was flopping around on her the day prior. Couldn't find one new locally without waiting a week, so went down to U Pull It (again, been getting a lot of great stuff out there cheap!) and got a tight one for $15. Really enjoy working on this car (so far, at least! lol), other than replacing the fan shroud (made my tiny hands feel enormous! Not much space in these cars! lol), and I'm sure I'll have many questions. I'm a 37 year old asian guy, yet strangely this is my first foreign car, it's a bit different but I like it... plus it sounds like a diesel truck! ;)

·
Super Moderator
14,832 Posts
Welcome to the Org, :wave2: and Welcome to the New Beetle! :party:

It's nice to hear you're taking care of this car. The color is called "Cyber Green". Even a high mileage TDI is a great engine. You will still get great MPGs with it. Thanks for fixing it up. :)

We also have a page over at FB: The Collective. Hope to see you there too. :D

And, We Love Pics, no matter the shape of the car. :wink2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts