NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Jude's Momma
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I, too am a newbie. This is my first beetle, and I am new to the forum. Just wanted to say hi and can't wait to jump in! I have a 1999 1.8 Turbo Beetle...can I just say how I LOVE the gas mileage! :)

Good morning and can't wait to mingle!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Hey welcome to the org!:wave: What part of Florida do you live? I'm from Melbourne and Jacksonville.
The FL group is growing leaps and bounds. Mr. Al is holding a Get To Gether in St Augustine in a few months. Don't worry, he'll chime in soon..

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the group Triple B.

If you are going to Ellijay Ga you are going to be really close to the Tail of The Dragon GTG and also Dreher Island in Sc as well. The St. Augustine trip is the weekend of the 16th of Sept I believe so that would be a great one for you to prepare for.

Again, Welcome. It's a great time to own a Beetle!

Chuckie & Nurse Diesel

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,846 Posts
Mr. Al chiming in:yaya::D

Hi there fellow Floridian:banana: Jacksonville checking in:cool:

Welcome to the party... so glad you've come to join us- we've had a spot saved for you:D.

Like Kurt said, the FL crew is growing from every corner. Central and North FL get together often and are constantly cooking up another GtG. I hope you can join us for our 3rd Annual St. Augustine GtG, the 3rd weekend in September. Matter of fact, CJ/FL_Bug will be coming up from SoFL to join us- hope you can too. And please bring your beetle peeps with ya:)

And yes, the Tail of the Dragon is the mack-daddy of the beetle GtG's. It's in May of 2012. We're already planning for next year, as we always plan and reserve our rooms a year in advance. Folk from all over the country attend this event- hope you can make it too.

Hope that you'll post often. This place is not only a social hub of beetle-crazy people, but a valuable resource, that'll save you money and give you a wealth of beetle knowledge. So stay tuned and please post pics:).

·
Jude's Momma
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, aren't y'all tooooo sweet! I'd love to come to a shin-dig to show off my beetle, but he isn't much to show...one day (we can dream can't we?!) And I kind'a like that, Triple B...maybe that's going to be my NB's name...considering I feel like a HORRIBLE Mommy that has not really picked a name out. I'm not going to stress for about 8-9 months or so because ... my baby is still "developing"! Soooo...suggestions are more than welcome.

You guys are so nice ... and I will definitely plan to attend SOMETHING in the near future.

I love ALL of the modifications everyone has made! You all are a very talented group and I'm glad to be a part of it!

Thanks for the warm welcoming!!!

·
Jude's Momma
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hope that you'll post often. This place is not only a social hub of beetle-crazy people, but a valuable resource, that'll save you money and give you a wealth of beetle knowledge. So stay tuned and please post pics:).
Although Im SO impatient and want my Baby to be perfect exterior-wise, I appreciate this statement very much! I am most def looking to learn a lot and save money (that I dont currently have!) but I need to get the necessities done before I start playing.

So, point being, THANK YOU! :D

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
As others have said, welcome to the new beetle madness :) Regarding attending any GTG(Get ToGether), you don't have to worry about the current state of tripple B. None of us are new beetle snobs and you'll find everything frome works in progress to full blown custom new beetles. The fun is in the camaraderie we share. I'll include links to some local gatherings. Everything we do is low key, family friendly and intended as a fun time.

http://newbeetle.org/forums/usa-southeast/50894-3rd-annual-st-augustine-end-summer-gtg-sept-2011-a.html

http://newbeetle.org/forums/usa-southeast/48136-dreher-island-state-park-gtg-2011-a.html

http://newbeetle.org/forums/tail-dragon/50275-official-2k12-tod-thread.html

And of course some pics of past events:)

http://newbeetle.org/forums/usa-southeast/48136-dreher-island-state-park-gtg-2011-a.html

http://newbeetle.org/forums/photos-get-togethers/50027-official-2k11-tod-photo-thread.html

http://newbeetle.org/forums/photos-get-togethers/46626-dreher-island-gtg-pic-thread-10-23-10-a.html

Hope to see ya in a VW:D

Oh ya, former Naples resident here who doesn't miss putting up hurricane shutters:p

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,846 Posts
Although Im SO impatient and want my Baby to be perfect exterior-wise, I appreciate this statement very much! I am most def looking to learn a lot and save money (that I dont currently have!) but I need to get the necessities done before I start playing.

So, point being, THANK YOU! :D
As others have said, welcome to the new beetle madness :) Regarding attending any GTG(Get ToGether), you don't have to worry about the current state of tripple B. None of us are new beetle snobs and you'll find everything frome works in progress to full blown custom new beetles. The fun is in the camaraderie we share. I'll include links to some local gatherings. Everything we do is low key, family friendly and intended as a fun time.
Gary hit it right on the mark, as He is so good in doing- Gary is the mang:cool:!!!

To reiterate, the beauty of our community is the tapestry of beetles represented here. From bone-stock, to works in progress, to full-blown modified.... we have it here and appreciate all levels (modded or not) of beetle passion. We just like to hang out, enjoy hearing everyone's beetle tales and admiring the bevy of beetles- "Tripp" would be a great addition to the photo thread gallery as well as represented at any GtG:banana:.

And no worries on naming Tripp- the proper name will hit you in due time. I kinda like TripleB/Tripp, BUT its your baby and the right name will come:D

So, when do we have the honor of seeing TrippleB, as in a photo thread? Nothing fancy, just take some pics and post. Now I would suggest enjoying your beetle all the more by going on a photo shoot; finding a nice building, wall, or general cool location and snap away. Can ya tell we love pics:lol:

Again, don't be a stranger. Tripp's adoring fans await:D

·
Jude's Momma
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awww, you guys are great! You make me feel so warm and fuzzy inside!!! I'll most definitely consider...

As for a NAME...I've decided. I am a lifetime BEATLE fan...and the series of song names have gone through my head ---- and one of my favorites is "Hey Jude..." So.....I've decided my Blue Beetle Baby's name will be JUDE. I do love Triple B...but Jude is THE ONE.

As far as pics .... I posted them yesterday...ENJOY!

Click Here<---

You guys are great!

::high fives::

1 - 14 of 14 Posts