NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Tessie <3
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! my name is tessie :)... I just purchase my first VW Beetle...its from 2004, i'm so new to VWs....my beetle its used but better than any other car i had so far lol...i'm learning so much from this forum so far... Thank u guys :)

·
Beware-Blonde with Beetle
677 Posts
Hello! I'm a new Beetle owner too! What color is your car? Got any pictures? I wanna see! :)

Congrats on your new car!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Hi! my name is tessie :)... I just purchase my first VW Beetle...its from 2004, i'm so new to VWs....my beetle its used but better than any other car i had so far lol...i'm learning so much from this forum so far... Thank u guys :)
Welcome Tessie, and Welcome to the Org!

You've come to a good place to learn, and here's something to get you started, lots of reading, but lots of information -
http://newbeetle.org/forums/new-member-forum/51021-newbie-welcome-kit.html

And if you need an Owner's Manual -
http://newbeetle.org/forums/parts-accessories/53283-all-owners-manuals-30-shipped.html

Enjoy your New Beetle and enjoy the Org!

MORAV

·
Tessie <3
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you guys for the new user kit!....thank u tennessebug....my bug its silver, i have some pics on my album also...i'm trying to find out if my cat its a 1.8l, or a 2.0l lol....i have a few things to fix on this car...i will post pics of the things i want to fix later in other posts...and i will def buy the manual....here are some pics :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
If your engine cover says 20 V on it it's a 1.8L turbo. If you have a small spoiler at the top of the rear hatch window, it's a 1.8L turbo, if under the gas cap door there is a label that says Premium Fuel Only, or 92 Octane Fuel Only, you have a 1.8L turbo, other ways to know also, but those are the easiest, well except this might keep you from even having to go look if you have your paperwork,

If the 5th digit of your VIN is
"K" you have a 2.0L, 115 hp
"D" you have a 1.8L turbo, 150 hp
"E" you have the revered 1.8L 180 hp, revered Turbo S

M.

·
Tessie <3
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank u so much!!!! the 5th letter on my vin# is regular "K"....i use premium gas, even with my other cars i did ...and i will try to change it to syntetic oil bc i want to take good care of my car :)....thanks so much again

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I had a typo in the post about the letter codes. "K" is correct for the 2.0L, "E" is the correct for the 1.8L, 180 hp Turbo S and I have edited it.

You have a 2.0L, VW recommends premium fuel for that one, but it isn't required.

·
Tessie <3
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank u again :)....i do have a 2.0....and yeah i will put premium gas only....i always did with my old cars anyway, i feel like it makes the car drive smooth...i have so much to work on and fix on this car :)....now i understand why guys are all crazy about their cars buying this buying that ;)....i never really care about cars bf bc i never had the car i wanted lol....but now i do ;)....and hopefully in the future i can buy another beetle but convertible or a brand new beetle...thank u lolo bug....i love my beetle, i'm in love :)

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
thank u again :)....i do have a 2.0....and yeah i will put premium gas only....i always did with my old cars anyway, i feel like it makes the car drive smooth...i have so much to work on and fix on this car :)....now i understand why guys are all crazy about their cars buying this buying that ;)....i never really care about cars bf bc i never had the car i wanted lol....but now i do ;)....and hopefully in the future i can buy another beetle but convertible or a brand new beetle...thank u lolo bug....i love my beetle, i'm in love :)
These are truly "novelty" cars! (Not a bad thing!) :) They do require a great deal more care and attention than driving "just a car" car. The published maintenance schedule is important to follow. It's in the front of your Owner's Manual and in my "Newbie Welcome Kit" thread. Also read (pronounced reed, not red) through your Owner's Manual, cover to cover, you will probably discover many things about your Beetle, you would not know otherwise.

The NB has a very sophisticated system of warning and indicator lights. Hard to memorize what they all mean, but a red warning light of any type means stop, now! Have a copy of what these warning and indicator lights mean, in your car, at all times, for quick reference. If you don't have an Owner's Manual and if I don't have them posted for the '04, in the Newbie thread, p/m me, and I'll copy and put up a .pdf that you can print.

·
Beware-Blonde with Beetle
677 Posts
thank you guys for the new user kit!....thank u tennessebug....my bug its silver, i have some pics on my album also...i'm trying to find out if my cat its a 1.8l, or a 2.0l lol....i have a few things to fix on this car...i will post pics of the things i want to fix later in other posts...and i will def buy the manual....here are some pics :)
What a beautiful bug!!!! I love the silver. Heck, who am I kidding? I love them all! :p

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Welcome to the Org, :wave2: and Welcome to the New Beetle! :party:

·
Tessie <3
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thank you guys :) thank u dnyed.... i know tennessee bug i want them all the a white beetle, the aquarius blue, the dark silver one, and the pink one....i also like the cream one lollll...i'm so glad i found this forum :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts