VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, my name is Russ and the day before Thanksgiving 2013 I took delivery of 2014 Beetle R-Line with Sun/Sound/Nav in Platinum Gray Metallic. I've had Beetles in my blood since I got my drivers license - my first car was a 63 bug that I rebuilt and "hot rodded". I love my R-Line - I get a big grin on my face whenever I walk up to it. I'm a car guy in general - my other favorite car is a 1960 MGA that I have. My wife has a 1993 Miata as her convertible. Looking forward to seeing what you folks think about and do with your Bugs.

·
Air Cooled Relic
22 Posts
Welcome - as a newer member myself I have to say that this is a great site. I am just starting to get to know some of the regulars and so far everyone has been very helpful and very supportive without any negative comments. As another member said to me "welcome home" which said a lot to me. Hang out and get to know some of us, you will not be sorry you did.

I also have had a VW as long as I have had my driver's license. I purchased Ol' yeller in February of 1970 and was able to literally drive it off the showroom floor. I bought her with money that I saved by mowing yards, a paper route and working odd jobs for a few years leading up to my 16th birthday. One of my 16th birthday presents was an arrangement my father made with Smith Volkswagen in Wilmington Delaware to drive my new car off the showroom floor.

I have had several Bugs and Ghai's over the years as well as several Porsches, all of which have been "well tuned" and air cooled. I have just recently purchased my first water Bug. She is a 2009 convertible that I cannot wait to "personalize".

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!! Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Snow

✌Po-Man - 02SilverSport Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Yup....welcome home.
We need to see some pics of that R-line please.
We also want to invite you to come hang out with us at T.o.D.
I wanna see that R-line rollin thru the twisties.
Check out all the info below, and try to make plans to join us.
We hope ya can join us.

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
One of my 16th birthday presents was an arrangement my father made with Smith Volkswagen in Wilmington Delaware to drive my new car off the showroom floor.
I grew up in Wilmington. Small world. What high school did ya go too?

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,869 Posts
Welcome to your new digs Russbug:bigthumb: Mighty glad to have you here. Hope to see some pics of that sweet beetle real soon. Hope you find some time in your schedule and join us in May for the Tail of the Dragon Cruise/Weekend. 50+ beetles running 318 curves in 11 miles is a thing of beauty. Hope you'll be one in the number. see the link in my signature.

Again, welcome:wave2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts