NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello one and all, I am new to the site but am a PROUD beetle owner since 1999. I am a Loss Prevention Manager for Kmart and am a 21 year retired veteran from the U.S, Army. Where I was a mechanic and a machinist. I served 18 months in Iraq and got the hell out when I got back to the states LOL. I enjoy Video games (x-box 360) Golf and Bowling. I also love working in my shop tinkering with anything mechanical. I have posted one of my projects on here (small but very helpful to me). I am looking forward to browsing the forums and chatting about anything VW.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
There you are!~ We've been waiting for you! :lol:

Welcome (finally!) to the Org! :wave2:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys and Gals I am from southeastern Ohio around the Athens area. I am about ten min. from the good ol Ohio river. I plan on posting some pics of my gal soon. Shes a 1999 red beetle. Shes just what I wanted shes "Plain Jane" 5 speed manual, Crank windows (I hate power windows they break when there up in the summer and down in the winter lol). Monsoon CD stereo system (no changer who wants to get in trunk to change cd's lol). Shes starting to show some age with a little bubbled paint in two places. She has gained some chips over time on the hood so I touched them up and put a bra on her. In the 11 years I have had her NO ONE else has driven her. My friends made fun of me when I drove her home saying "thats a girls car" but soon they all wanted to drive her lol. Anyway Im getting long winded here and again thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all for the welcome. I posted a few pics of my 99 in the photo gallery if you want to take a look.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts