VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to announce a new member to the family, my 2012! I've owned a lot of VW's in the past but this is my first water cooled. I still have my '73 Thing (Hubert) The Tale of Hubert's Return.

This 2012 came with 13,000 mi on it and I fell I got it at a steal. We'll get into the other items on it in future threads. But maybe someone could tell me if the black stripes were a DIO?

Here's the link (kind of) to referenced dealer info:

Cars for Sale: 2012 Volkswagen Beetle 2.5 Coupe in Lincoln, NE 68504: Hatchback Details - 387016968 - AutoTrader.com

But here are the pictures of the new addition

Thanks for listening.

Attachments

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,419 Posts
welcome to the .org!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!! Nice looking Beetle!!:goodjob: Welcome also to the H2O cooled VW world they aren't nearly as bad as many strictly air heads make them out to be there are more and more of us loving them both! The stripes are avalible from the dealer on drivergear.com and price is installed so they most likely were done at a dealer. How bout some pics of the Thing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got a lot of pictures of the Thing (Hubert) but I'd rather share the restore page.

The Tale of Hubert's Return

Thanks for the interest and the answers about the stripes! I thought they were DIO, first because of the cut ends around the hood and hatch.

I'm going to go dig around and see if I can find anything fun with this car I haven't learned yet. I love the interior lighting, where you can change the color. But I do wish they would've spent the engineering time and money on something else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts