NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 99 NB GLS yellow. My fiancé has had Scooter before I met him. He got Scooter when he was a year old. When I came into to their lives Scooter was in some bad shape :(. In the last few months Scooter has gone through, new water pump, timing belt, cooling fan, all cooling sensors, Radiator flush, throttle body replacement, MAF sensor, window regulator, window motor, fuel pump and of course an oil change :) . He is running pretty good now. He is still needing his brakes done and new tires. I'm enjoying bring this little guy back to life. He was sitting out in the AZ sun for a while so he has faded bad. But in time we will have this little guy all fixed and looking good. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Welcome to the forum! These New Beetles put such a silly, goofy grin on everyone's face, whether you're driving one or just spotting one on the street! :D

Good luck in your efforts to get Scooter back into shape; he'll pay dividends in driving enjoyment as a result. :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Welcome, all of you, to the Org!

If he got Scooter when he was a year old, that makes your fiancé, what, 12, maybe 13? Robbing the cradle aren't we? :roflmao:

Seriously, I lived in Scottsdale for a number of years, and the '02 NBT I have, came from Phoenix, and I agree the AZ sun can be brutal on the, already crap, VW paint and the cheap plastic interior parts.

I do hope he takes better care, and is more attentive to your needs, than he was to those of his Bug. Train him well, Darlin"! :D

MORAV

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Welcome :)

As an owner of a Rare Colored Bug ;) Why not just leave it as faded, and rename the color Arizona Yellow :D

Hope you enjoy your stay here :flowers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts