NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm a long time watcher but a first time poster to this blog. Have found all your stories of tricking out your Bugs, or just loving them, supremely enjoyable.

I have a beautiful little 2000 Techno Blue 2.0 litre Beetle named Simon.

I've had him for nearly three years now and he has been perfect. However, now I have a problem I'm hoping someone can help me with.

My radio has started powering itself on and off while driving, and it is INFURIATING. I drive about five hours a day, so having the radio cutting in and out is seriously doing my head in.

I've pulled the radio out, reattached all the cables and checked them. There's no damage to the cables (at the radio end) that I have been able to find, but it's still possible.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you solve it?

Best wishes, and looking forward to seeing all your Beetle pictures,
Tricki

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
A big welcome from the...land up over? :cool: Glad to have you, Simon is one nice looking bug! I hope someone chimes in and helps ya out soon, that radio problem would drive me bonkers!!

·
5/23/10 <3
11,137 Posts
Welcome! Your car looks like my old New Beetle! It was the same color with the same wheels. Same engine too. If its a 5-speed, then they would be twins! I love those wheels. They really make the car and color look great. Bummed mine got damaged beyond repair in my accident :(

I wonder if maybe its an ignition switch problem potentially causing your radio to turn on and off?

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Simon is gaw-geous. Love his color and oh so shiny.

I wish I could help with the radio problem but I know nothing there. Someone should be able to help here though. This place is full of awesome helpful peeps :D

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome! Your car looks like my old New Beetle! It was the same color with the same wheels. Same engine too. If its a 5-speed, then they would be twins! I love those wheels. They really make the car and color look great. Bummed mine got damaged beyond repair in my accident :(

I wonder if maybe its an ignition switch problem potentially causing your radio to turn on and off?
Naw, that is so awful about your Beetle! Simon is a 5 Speed. Twins indeed!

I love the wheels. The dealer offered to give me $200 off if I swapped the wheels for pressed metal ones, but he was good value anyway and I love the mags.

Will look into the ignition switch. Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Simon is gaw-geous. Love his color and oh so shiny.

I wish I could help with the radio problem but I know nothing there. Someone should be able to help here though. This place is full of awesome helpful peeps :D

Thank you! I'll confess the photo is a bit old. Now I'm inspired to give him a bath tomorrow. I have long admired your Iggy, too :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A big welcome from the...land up over? :cool: Glad to have you, Simon is one nice looking bug! I hope someone chimes in and helps ya out soon, that radio problem would drive me bonkers!!
Thanks so much! Yes, I'm sure someone will work it out soon :) It is a bit maddening.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Thank you! I'll confess the photo is a bit old. Now I'm inspired to give him a bath tomorrow. I have long admired your Iggy, too :)
Awwwww thank you. That means a lot to me. A whole lot. Iggy is a work in progress. She was just like the day she was born when I got her (except for aging 13 years...lol). I have been working to make her special. To me she still seems pretty plain; but people are saying they like her and she gets looks on the street, so I guess she's doing pretty good :)

Has anyone been able to sort your radio problem yet? That would drive me nuts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts