NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all I'm David! I've been a VW lover and restorer for over 15 years, the last show car I build was in 2000, an appraised 30g 70Vert KG Wolfs edition Black and cherry. A best in show winner and in the right areas best in class. But that's not why I am here. I have questions on a 99 beetle 5spd man trans and drive line. I'm very new to this so I would love some direction on where to post if it hasn't been posted yet.

Dave

I'll elaborate and hopefully an admin can help me get this to the right spot while I read through the forums for a similar problem.

A month ago I felt my front end getting loose and found that my control arm bushings were shot. I replaced both control arms with all new gear..solved that problem, nice tight ride again. Also noticed both trans side cvs were shot but un-affected by it. Three days ago I started feeling a bad clunk while turning in either direction so I replaced both shafts(reman). Still get the clunk so...jack it up and test it in 1st gear, no noise no clunk when turning in either direction, then in reverse same thing but.. in reverse I can stop the driver side wheel from turning and not the passenger side so back to 1st gear, can't stop either wheel from rotating. SO by process of elimination I can only assume that it's probably a problem with limited slip, which is where my mind is right now. 135g on the car and the fluid and haven't done a level check yet. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
14,783 Posts
Welcome to the Org! I will suggest you keep your into here, and post your concern in the "Problems and Concerns" forum. That will bring the right traffic for your issue.

Thanks for joining us, and Good luck! :)

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts