• Since the beginning.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • More than 4 years

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • More than 3

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • More than 2

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Just got here, and man, my arms are tired..

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, those 3+ years went by quickly. This was my first post on the Org back in March of 2002.

Link: http://forums.newbeetle.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11169&perpage=20&highlight=hello world&pagenumber=1

:wave: Just wanted to say Yo! to all the NB fans out in the world. I have owned Pepe', my 2001 GLX TechnoBlue 1.8t mochine for over one year now (Jan-31-2001) and have put over 16K on him already.

One thing that I have noticed in people's posts and descriptions is that they do not point out the "heated seats" that come with the leather interior option. That is a BIG plus to us "eastern'rs" (may not be such a big deal in Sunny So. California, yes a little jealous).......

Anyway, love the car gets lots of looks zipping around the area (I am the only parent at work who's kids think its "cool" for me to drop them off....).

I come to your site via a '98 or '99 Black TDI NB driving on rt. 202 just past West Chester PA a few weeks ago. The TDI had a newbeetle.org window decal and I thought, hey got to check it out... Glad I did, great site, lot's of good info, and good aftermarket links (already have some Euro Emblem's and a set of Aluminum door locks coming from TVA).

So, if the driver of that Black TDI sees this, a big "sweeeeet" goes out to you, and to all the other NB owners, keep it real..............Old School

p.s. to the NB.org site web staff, out-of-site site. I am in the IT field and this site is sooooo nice to visit. Clean, fast, easy to navigate and with all those animated jpg’s everywhere, my hat’s off to you… I know what it takes to pull this off, and it is no small feat…………:bigthumb:
Just thought I re-introduce myself to all of the "new" org'rs and say once again, Jeff, James and Ron, you guys RRRAAAAAAAWWWWWKKKKKK..:clap:

I live just outside of Philadelphia PA, still work for the same Software Company, still driving the same wonderful car (with a new engine, but that's for another time), still married to the same great wife, and still have the three best kids a dad could have.

Their is a bunch of not-so-great stuff that has happened over the same time period, but it's not important enough to call out.

BTW, any techies might want to check out the thread. Their is some fun "open source" in the subsequent posts.

All for fun gang, keep on post'n.......TechnoTrix'd...:wave3:

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
Woohoo! Reintroduction thread!

Okay, I also came here around the same time... might have been Feb 2002.

Back then:

I was Assistant Manager at Advance Auto Parts making $11 per hour.
I had not yet started back to college (would start back 6-2002).
Had a $450 per month car payment on the Beetle.
Was still pretty much a newlywed (married 6-2001)

Now:

I work for Bellsouth and make a LOT more money.
I actually know when I'm graduating (May 2006).
No debt (except mortgage - but its 5.25% with only 12 years left to pay... and no HELOC!)
Old married guy now.

Here's to hoping Newbeetle.org is still around 3 years from now - and that the next upgrade is a bit more seamless! :)

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
My introduction thread died in the crash of June 2002. :(

I have technically been a member since April 2002, so over 3 years. Bought my car April 11, 2002 (same life-changing day as Trapped on Earth and his Astro!) At the time, I didn't know how special my car was. Of course, I loved it, but didn't know there were so many differences between models. That has all changed..... :D

Since April 2002:

My hubby and I bought two more NBs, sold one, now have two.
Finished the remodeling/reconstruction of the house (well, 99% of it)
Have the same job, hubby too.
Daughter got married, son in middle school
Met lots of nice NB peeps, that I consider friends
Became a mod at the Org (I must be a freak! :eek5: )
Became embarrassingly certifiable NB fan:p

Not a lot has changed, really! :lol:

·
Registered
41 Posts
well hello i dont recall exact date, but member from early 2003 i think...
back then...
just purchased my nb and enjoying it
planning my wedding
working like a chimp
right now...
selling the beetle
planning 1st wedding ann.
same work better paycheck
working like a chimp

that was quick! just wanted to say hi to all members and thankem cause ive learned a lot here...THANKS TO ALL !!

*edit*
im heavily addicted to autoXing...

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,403 Posts
i joined sometime in 01 after buying Ikiane in March of 2001...almost 75K miles of smiles now...

not too many changes here...oldest daughter is a senior in college, youngest a senior in HS. now own 2 more VWs: passat wagon and a '79 ragtop beetle. :D

i've met lots of people thru newbeetle and the few GTGs i've managed to get to...great site, great folks.

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
i've been here since april of 2005, i believe. got curby in march of 2005 and couldn't be happier! i love it here!

not much has happened in my life since i got curby though. :p

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
Hmmm...I signed in March of this year. At the time, I had just bought Jenna, and my ex still had Stitch (her BLCC). She wrecked Stitch the day after I picked Jenna up on March 13.

Flash forward 7 months. I've ment someone (from the org...wooooo) who I'm moving in with so we'll never be apart again, I've put 16500 miles on Jenna, met bunches of cool people, and most importantly, I dumped the ex. So I have to say thank you to all the members here, and a big ups to mentalVdub (love ya !).

·
Premium Member
4,319 Posts

Back then I was just about to sell my New Beetle that I bought in June 2001. I was tired of the negative attitude of the Volkswagen scene in general and was ready to go back to Mazda or Saab.

I then happened to follow a link from www.vwvortex.com that brought me to the Org. On a whim I decided to attend the very first Quaker Steak and Lube GTG in Cranberry, PA. I met a bunch of great people, saw a bunch of great bugs and totally fell in love with my dear sweet Pomelo.

So fast forward thru 12600+ posts, dozens of GTG's,countless car shows, meeting hundreds of awesome org members, making the best freinds of my life, catching B.A.D and I can honestly say that I loved every minute of it.

Thank You Mr J Croft for providing us with this wonderfull place that we so affectionatly call "The Org" :toast:

Tom aka Fowvay

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
I guested it on the org for awhile before gettin my bug. I just had to jion up when i got him. And this website is what makes the nb experience soo much more enjoyable. I also wouldnt have the AWESOME friends i've made on this forum.

Props have to go to Jeff and the rest of the org administration for making this great website wha tit is today.

Long live newbeetle.org. I'm here till the end!

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
First post on 11/22/2001 so I am close to 4 years

here is the pic I put on my 1 post BONE STOCK Bugsy

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Fowvay said:
Does his best Bevis

you said tit :lol:
Stoopid space bar! :p

·
Take 1-2 caps PRN fun
355 Posts
I got my beetle on July 25, 2002.

I didn't find the Org until February 2003. Little did I know that it would totally change my life :)

I was a single girl from a little city with no friends. I drove my beetle from work and home, put only 4000 miles on her by this time in Feb '03 and had not done any modifications whatsoever.

Within a month's time, I had raided eBay and the like for accessories. Soon after I had started to venture outside of my little city to Ohio to meet up with my newly found friends. At one particluar GTG I happened to meet someone who I would soon choose to be attached to for the rest of my life.

Before I knew it I had reached 10,000 miles on the way to Roswell that year, with my Superman at my side.

By February 2004, the immigration papers are finally approved. Pistachio has almost 24,000 miles and my life is about to change once again. We are getting ready to leave our neck of the woods and start a new life together.

Come May 2004 we move to our new city of Las Vegas and just 2 months ago move into the condo we purchased. All is well, all due to this wonderful place called the Org :D

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
I bought my NB this past January 20th and found this site only a couple of days later. I wasn't too sure how I felt about it at 1st. Didn't think I fit in. I'm not too into modding for a couple of reasons. One I don't really have the $ and two I'm afraid to try anything on my own for fear of screwing it up and I thought at 1st that was what this site was all about. Boy was I wrong. It's so much more than that. We all love our cars, maybe in different ways. (The modders and the non-modders) This is going to sound stupid but I love my car as if she were my best friend. I know no matter what kind of mood I'm in all I have to do is get in and take off and she has me smiling instantly!
I've met so many cool people on here too! Most of whom I haven't met yet but the ones that I have are pretty awesome and I hope to see each and everyone of you again! Especially one particular person... :wink: :hugkiss:
Some people may think I share a little too much on here but I really do consider a good majority of you my friends and I like to hear your input on alot of things. And it helps when I'm feeling down to know there are other people that give a crap! It also makes me feel good to know that I can make a few of you laugh..whether its at me or with me, if you're laughin I know I've done my job! :goodjob:
All in all it's just plain fun to hang here and you all rock! :guitar:

Hey! We can't say wris****ch? Oh those dirty dirty wris****ches! They'll get you in trouble everytime!! :ha:

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome..

Wow, look at all of the positive experiences and sharing going on here.. I personally want to thank everyone for re-introducing themselves and for the sharing of such wonderful stories.

For those just reading this thread, please continue it on by posting your own personal experiences since joing the Org..:bigthumb:

Agree with the central theme; met some wonderful people, in some new places I may have never gone to before, all crazy about their beloved POD's.. I mean, how good is that.:clap:

Wow, thanks guys, this is just the type of stuff that I needed to read right now. Appreciate it.:thewave:

BTW, somebody PM me with the meaning of wris****ch, I am just not getting it...:redface: Dang, I am so old....:anon:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts