VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All
Just joined the forum after buying our second New Beetle Convertible (first one was a flip a couple of years ago and regretted not keeping it!, spelled Y-O-U S-H-O-U-L-D H-A-V-E K-E-P-T T-H-A-T F-O-R M-E!!!). I have had far too many VW's over the last 30 years and currently driving a T4 (in background of pic) but HAD to buy this one for my better half! This is Kermy’s Nypple...she was a bargain basement buy and was somewhat mistreated but now has a loving home to be pampered and, no doubt, have lots of money spent on her!!!
Nik and Mena
Car Wheel Tire Volkswagen new beetle Automotive parking light

·
Super Moderator
14,879 Posts
Welcome to toe Org!

Reactions: Nikymena

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice clean looking car. Wait!!! I see a problem, the steering wheel is on the wrong side! How did that happen?

What year? Miles? Gas, diesel? Manual,auto?
Aha that's the right side I'll have you know sir!!! It is a 2003 model, petrol (it's a liquid not a gas don't you know!!! ;)) Stick shift with 140k on the clock.
:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Picking up a black leather interior tomorrow to replace the torn fabric seats, yes I know they will be hotter to sit on but will look so much better. Will paint the horrible grey door cards dash parts and centre console black (did this with my T4 and was very successful). Will replace the grey fabric inserts with black vinyl. Pics to follow.
Thinking about changing the wheels with something else so any ideas with pics would be much appreciated...

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
There is a company in the UK that has an eBay store that sells leather inserts for your doors. Usually black with your choice of colored thread stitching accents. They sell just the leather, you must strip the old fabric off and install the leather in place of the fabric.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is a company in the UK that has an eBay store that sells leather inserts for your doors. Usually black with your choice of colored thread stitching accents. They sell just the leather, you must strip the old fabric off and install the leather in place of the fabric.
Hi, yes I saw them today. tbh I tested the spray on the fabric and it came really well...pics to follow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts