NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I've been browsing through the galleries and you guys (and gals!) have some nice rides!

I had a 98 New Beetle with the 2.0 gas when they first came out and my wife had the 1.8t in her 02 model. Hers was way nicer than mine as it had leather and moonroof along with the faster motor.

We've since moved onto a '12 turbo beetle and absolutely love it! We haven't owned a vw (other than old air cooled) since that 02 model and boy did they make some improvements! Really happy so far and only run into a few minor things to address with the dealer.

Other than the galleries section, is there other forums dedicated to the '12+ beetles here?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
14,784 Posts
Where have you been? We've been waiting for you! :D

I'm so glad that B12+ peeps are joining us here. I'll have one someday too.

I think that as more and more new Beetle owners join us, and need specific areas, admin will provide new forums.

I'm so glad you joined us. Now, where are those pics?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

You'll really enjoy it once you do! It's a blast to drive!

Being a guy that has owned a 61, 69, 98, and now 12 beetle it's nice they made this one more masculine. I get alot of guys walking up to me asking if it's the new beetle and saying how they'd drive one compared to I used to get guys asking me why I drove a beetle.

Here's the link to the photo gallery: http://newbeetle.org/forums/photos-2012-beetle/60405-my-turbo-build.html

It's a work in progress but getting there! Once I finish up the audio system I'll move on to performance:cool:

I'd love to have a HPA or APR K04 kit with SPM turbo back exhaust and intercooler and Carbonio <sp?> intake. Then use Golf R motor and tranny mounts and VWR subframe mount to have extra strength while keeping it as vibration free and street friendly as possible. Add a GTI rear sway bar and I think I'd be a happy camper :)

But that may just be day dreaming... Ill probably just end up with a stage I tune, intake, and subframe mount. Don't think the mrs will keep letting me spend too much more $$$ on cars:(

That would be a beast!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts