VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I finally registered. My wife and I got a double yellow 2002 Color Concept. it was ok with a 5 year old at the time, but had to get something larger when our son was born. Always regretted getting rid of that car.

Fast forward to last fall and my daughter was getting her learners permit and wanted a Beetle. I found a 2001 GLS with only 38K miles on it :eyecrazy:. Picked it up and drove it until this summer when she got her license. I had missed driving a beetle and really enjoyed it. After speaking with the wife I decided to find a newer vehicle (my daily was my 1984 GTI, hate putting miles on her and the A/C does not work).

So the last few months I've been looking for a car. A week ago Saturday I saw an ad for a 2002 Turbo S silver with 69K on it :D. I went to go see it and went for a test drive (was raining so i took it easy, ESP works). Plugged into it with the Vagcom and everything checked out (old code about o2 sensor). Vehicle History Report turned out clean. He was asking $5600, got him down to $5200 out the door(guy is a wholesaler) mentioning that the car needed keys, tires, Spark plugs, timing belt etc. I brought her home last Saturday. Amazing little car. Completely reminded of our old Color Concept except with a bit more pep and a 6 speed instead of 5.

I wanted to join to say "Thank you" to everyone who has posted. It really has helped me figure out somethings on our Beetles.

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Welcome to the blissful life of owning a TS.
Probably one of the funist, yes I said funist, cars I have ever owned. How about some pics?? we love pics.
If ya get a chance, you might want to fill out your profile, it just gives us a little info, like where you live and what type of car you drive. You may live near some fellow Orgers. I also want to invite you to our annual gathering at Deals Gap / Tail of the Dragon. First weekend in May, every year. Give it some thought.

·
Super Moderator
14,832 Posts
mmmmm.......Turbo S......... :bowdown:

I've owned two, and I really miss the 6-speed. By the way, I'm a gal..... :queen:

Welcome to the Org!

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts