NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my daughter this car and it has no power!! I checked the vacumm pump and it is operating. I pulled the vacumm line off of the wastegate to ensure it was actuating and it opens and closes. I am not sure if the turbo is spinning or not, but i am not sure how to check this. Could the turbo not be working or could it be another sensor or something?

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
So you mean no "get up and go" type power I take it? Can you give some more description? Is this all the time? How many miles? What transmission? Did you drive it before you bought it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only drove it around the corner, never got on the highway. It just doesnt have any get up and go. On the highway in 5th gear accelerator to the floor I do 70mph unless there is a hill then I only decelerate. Not sure which transmission is in the car. I have only had the car since monday and yes for the few times i drove it it is all the time. Oh yeah I also disconnected the MAP sensor to see if the performance changed and it didnt make any difference. The car has 147,000 miles on it.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
Auto or manual?

I'd try maybe changing the fuel filter. It may also need a nice intake cleaning as well.

Have you scanned the car for any codes? Autozone and the like can do it for free.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to auto zone and i also have the haynes repair manual. They read out code P1550 and in the haynes manual it says thats the torbocharger boost pressure control. But no where in the manual does it show me where this component is located and or how to test it. Any ideas? Is there a way to clean the intake with out removing it?

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
17958/P1550/005456 - Boost Pressure Control Valve (N75): Control Deviation
Possible Symptoms
Irregular behavior
Reduced power output
Limp mode
Possible Causes
Hoses/Pipes incorrect connected, disconnected, blocked or leaking
Charger Pressure Control defective
Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75) defective
Turbocharger defective
Possible Solutions
Check Hoses/Pipes to/between Components
Check Charge Pressure Control
Check Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75)
Check turbocharger
Retrieved from "http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/17958/P1550/005456"
Category: Fault Codes
Work thru this list

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
The N75 valve is a very common failure. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what it is. But check your hoses first just to make sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is the N75 valve the same as the Turbocharger wastegate regulator valve? And is the EGR Vacumm Regulator valve located right next to(and looks exactly the same) as the Wastegate regulator valve?

·
Registered
99 Posts
You need the crawl under the car and feel if the turbo actuator is free. I had one frozen solid and the symptoms were exactly what you discribe. You can also connect a myti vac to the turbo actuator and see if it starts to move around 4" of vacuum and fully opens at 18". It must open smoothly. We ended up replacing the turbo. First, however, check your vacuum hoses for leaks. Put a vacuum gauge in line going to the turbo to check N75 operation. No sense in throwing parts at it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
TDIclub.com is the ULTIMATE, and I mean ULTIMATE forum for TDI's. Go there and post your problem, or use the search function. Your ride will be running properly in short order, I can almost guarantee it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts