NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
yea i got your pm. you need to unscrew the screw and then the cover slides off, as for the bulb i have had some luck in finding them as they are very hard to come by. ill put a link up when i find it again

·
Can you handle it??
1,673 Posts
To be honest, I wouldn't be too sure that the bulbs he is referring to in the link, are what you are looking for. If you just want the bulbs like you originally had in the car stock, go to a dealer and give them your car info. (i.e year, make, model)
You can buy one from them, I am pretty sure. Yeah, it may be a little more expensive than buying one somewhere else, but if it's really a pain to locate them, why stress out looking all over, and wasting your time.
It hate to go to the dealer for anything, but some little stuff is easier that way. AND in certain cases OEM is better than aftermarket. (notice I emphasize certain cases)

I am not exactly sure what you are going for, but if you just want to "replace" the bulb, then the dealer should be able to help you. I haven't ever had to replace mine, but I cannot believe that it would be that difficult to locate the stock type bulb. :confused::confused::confused::confused: I would be really surprised if you couldn't locate one at an auto parts store. Like I said, I haven't had to do it, so I don't really know, but I would think any auto parts place would have a silly bulb.

P.S. If you fill out your information, like where you live, and what car you drive a lot more people on this board will be able to help you when you need something. :) Just a suggestion. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts