VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do i know what pump i have. They sell a 4.8" and a 5.4" outer flange pump seal what one do i have? AND THE PUMP I HAVE HAS NO TUBES ON TOP JUST A PLUG. I HAVE YET TO SEE A NEW ONE WITHOUT ANY TUBE OUTLETS FOR FUEL?

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Any good auto parts store or vw dealer; should be able to get you the right fuel pump. Mine was a VDO unit; if you search, using your VIN #, you should have not problem getting the correct one. The fuel pumps; have a part # on the top of them; that is also a way to identify the correct one.

You can search for parts on Bosch's website:

Bosch Vehicle Part Finder

They list yours as :

Bosch Part #: 69740 Fuel Pump Module Assembly

For VDO/Siemens (my VW original pump was a VDO OEM unit):

Search here:

VDO Webcatalog

They list yours as:

VDO PART # : 405-058-005-011Z

Engine Code: BPR, BPS

3 bar, without tank sender unit, Petrol

Both of the above part #'s are listed on amazon.com with the VDO being less expensive; hope this helps!

·
Registered
5 Posts
different fuel pump also

i have the same problem... i have an erratic fuel gauge so i looked under the seat to attempt to check resistance on sending unit and possibly clean the contacts and was surprised to see ten bolts and only a plug on top... no ring to unscrew or anything... nothing like all the vids ive seen on youtube... i think the difference maybe that we have metal fuel tanks... i dont believe those part numbers will work in our cars because we dont have the black ring ours are different... my car is a pzev maybe thats why it has a metal tank or idk... or a pzev fuel pump? im leaning towards metal tank...

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
The part number; should be on the pump itself or you can look on vw's parts site, use your VIN #, to confirm you get the right part or call your local dealer with your VIN and they can confirm as well.

https://parts.vw.com/

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just found out my problem now is I need a new fuel pump. I have verified with the dealer I need part number: 1J0-919-051-N

My 2010 has the METAL TANK, which just happens to be on avg DOUBLE THE PRICE of the one for the plastic tank. VW Dealer wants $823.00 for the pump & $320.00 to install = $1123.00 total for a frikin fuel pump!

SOOOOOOO, does anyone know of a cheaper way, a cheaper version, ect...?

I found this one on ebay:

New Volkswagen Beetle Jetta Electric Fuel Pump With Metal Tank VDO 291000010510 | eBay

@ $365.15.

Says it works for the 2010 w/metal tank, but will look at mine later today to make sure.

Do you think if this will be ok or know of a cheaper way to go?

I may be selling this money pit soon, so not planning on paying no $823.00 plus the 300 for labor.

I put the fuel filter in about 1 yr ago, and hoping I can do this myself too? BUT $823? RIDiculous!

NOTE: I would love it if someone could explain to me WHY they made one w/plastic and one w/metal tank in the same year?

My fuel filter alone cost over $50!

THX!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts