NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been raining non stop since yesterday an today I went to try to leave to the store an my car was acting funny ..It seems like it's backfiring an then it just cuts off after it shoots air out of the top of the motor.. :( idk what to do or what it could be. ..I have one of those books that tells u what everything is but I can't find it..Some one please help...Also we just had a hard freeze an I hadn't drove it since then. .thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks..I took apart the top part hoses where the whoosh of air came out an looked at Em then put Em back in an car started fine an no more misfiring. .could moisture have been the problem?

·
Registered
758 Posts
could moisture have been the problem?
Possibly, but if the car only does this in wet weather, there is something wrong with the car, not the weather. :D

Any breaks in the coverings on the coil pack or plug wires can cause problems in wet weather.

An old shadetree mechanic method of finding ignition (spark) problems is to take a spray water bottle (set to mist, not stream) and spray the ignition components while the car is running. If the car sputters and dies, you've found the ignition problem.

·
Certified Arcade Tech
416 Posts
Possibly, but if the car only does this in wet weather, there is something wrong with the car, not the weather. :D

Any breaks in the coverings on the coil pack or plug wires can cause problems in wet weather.

An old shadetree mechanic method of finding ignition (spark) problems is to take a spray water bottle (set to mist, not stream) and spray the ignition components while the car is running. If the car sputters and dies, you've found the ignition problem.
That method works great on ignition 'leaks'. It's better if you do this when it's dusk/boarderline dark. You can get a nice 'Light Show" when it starts arcing.

S-

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
An since I've had it running it's stopped now...but the check engine light is on. Last time it did this I took it to OReilly to get the codes an they said last time cylinder 1 &2 an random misfire

1 - 16 of 16 Posts